Me 109 Airfix 1/24 just for fun

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hesekiel

Airman 1st Class
Dec 27, 2008
Northern Germany
Here are some Pics of my 1/24 Airfix Me109E
A "just for fun build" straight out of the box..
Unfortunately i have no shots from the build itself (simply forgot to make some :oops: )
The kit is not finished yet... Have to put on some more decals, the spinner is to paint white, second coat of Future, a little weathering and applying some parts have to do....

Your comments please gentlemen :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Yes.. This is correct.. It is the 109 of "Pips" Priller and the Killmarks are painted OVER the swastika...
Will see to scan a picture of it.. it is approved.. :D

Thanks Hesekiel. I have this kit and was waiting for someone else to play with it before I touched it. Nice! But I will definately have to get an airbrush before I even think about it!

H, I've just noticed. Your model has the later, 'flat' canopy, but Priller's machine in the pic has the earlier, rounded canopy. If your kit didn't include the rounded canopy, I have a spare from my kit you can have, if it will help?

Many thanks for your comments !
@ Airframes..
oooops... Yes.. i see my mistake :oops:
The Kit includes both canopies .. I will change it soon
Fortunately the clear parts are not glued yet...

On the second picture you can see my tomcat "Paul" is checking my progess on the plane.. wonder why he haven´t noticed my mistake :D

H, I've just noticed. Your model has the later, 'flat' canopy, but Priller's machine in the pic has the earlier, rounded canopy. If your kit didn't include the rounded canopy, I have a spare from my kit you can have, if it will help?

Just about to make the same observation....Prillers mount was an E-3 with the rounded canopy. this aircraft was later the mount of another Experten Herbert Ihlefeld.

profile from the Jagdwaffe series Classic Publications.

Attachments

• Ihlefeld Profile 5057a.JPG
    Ihlefeld Profile 5057a.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 161
Depending on marking options... I will probably do Ihlefeld's aircraft when the Eduard 1/32 E-3 becomes available as I have the markings already.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back