Me 109 G-K windscreen (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

avidflyer

Recruit
Sep 11, 2011
Hello,

I like to build a Me 109 windscreen but i have no drawings or plans maybe someone can help me out. I need to know how the parts are assembled to rebuild it and of cause some mesaurement. Some pictures which shows how the instrument panel is connect to the windscreen and how the triangular metal sheets (in the Me 109 E versions is this plexiglas) are connected to the fuselage and windscreen were also great. Thank you in advance for supporting my project.

Christian

Send me a PM with your email. I may be able to get scanned drawings from the PLanes of Fame. The Ha.1112 we are restoring w=right now is preatty much a stock Bf 109G from the firwall aft, and the windscreen was recently worked on and had new plexi fitted.

They may have copies available.

Here is the canopy, standing up on the front edge, showing the inside right side.

Bf109_Canopy1.JPG

Here is the windscreen inside right.

Bf109_Windscreen_Inside.JPG

Here is the windscreen, front left, showing the rivets and side panel.

Bf109_Windscreen_Rivets.JPG

Here is the canopy, outside, right side. It is standing on the front edge.

Bf109_Canopy_External.JPG

Here is the windscreen panel from the front. You can see the front windscreen is a bent plexi panel, quite thick

Bf109_Windscreen.JPG

Here is the inside of the rear canopy cover.

Bf109_Rear_Canopy.JPG

Last edited:
Hello GregP,

Do you happen to have fuselage station locations and their offsets from a datum point? Eventually I want to build a 3D model of this beast.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back