Me 109 K4 Hasegawa 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ajcmac

Airman 1st Class
Aug 29, 2009
Vila Real
Help.
I've seen in some forums that the doors of the rear landing gear K4 do not open. I've seen pictures with the train doors open.
Which one is correct?
I have these two images.

13jg27-109k4.gif

japo-k4.gif

Thanks

Both are correct. The bay of the retractable tail wheel was closed with doors when flying.These doors could be closed or opened when an aircraft was standing on a ground.

Last edited:
hey aj,

This particular link suggests the tail wheel of the K4 was to be retractable but due to material shortage was often not fitted, the shorter type'G' tail wheel used instead. possibly why you see it open and closed?

Me-109K

Thanks for your help.
From what I read in another forum the K4 had problems in the rear landing gear. One solution was to fix the rear wheel (not retractable) and weld the doors of the landing gear.
I'll go ahead with the K4.
What I have done.
I did some cables

Me10902.gif

Me10903.gif

Me10904.gif

Me10905.gif

I painted with RLM 66. Give lights and shadows. Dry brush

Me10906.gif

Me10907.gif

Me10908.gif

Me10909.gif

Me10910.gif

Me10912.gif

Looking good. Is the seat pan at the right angle?

The pins of the chair are centered. If I turn around the chair the position remained. I've seen a few more models and the position is the same.

Airframes
And I thank you for your comments. Since I have no books where to get information, when making a comment I look on the net.
Always learn something more.

Crimea_River
Yes. The shadows are sprayed with RLM 66+Black.

No problem Aj, everyone here is only too happy to help out. If you need anything, just ask - you'll probably get the answer!

Good morning (in UK) ajcmac!

Excellent build and painting of cockpit, shows what can be done without resin 'aftermarket', excellent though they are, sometimes we can't afford them!!!

What guage of wire did you use to deatil your cockpit?

Regards,

weinace:p

Thank you for your comments.
Still not sure which version because I'm waiting for the decal sheet from Eagle Strike.
The cables are made with copper wire for winding electric motors.

Me10932.gif

Me10933.gif

Me10934.gif

Me10935.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back