Me-163

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 15, 2005
Deep in suburban Surrey
I have done one, and will do no more.

Attachments

• Me163_3_JG400_site.png
    Me163_3_JG400_site.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 214
Very nice. Did that proppeller had any purpose? It seems to small to be really effective.

That was the special "uber-propeller" derivative. The rocket thrust was actually diverted to the prop so the spinning could provide enough lift. The result was ridiculously high prop speed.

Had the prop been bigger, it would have been ripped to shreds.

Leave it to German thinking to engineer something so creative.

Very nice Clave!

That was the special "uber-propeller" derivative. The rocket thrust was actually diverted to the prop so the spinning could provide enough lift. The result was ridiculously high prop speed.

If the prop was bigger, it would have been ripped to shreds.

Leave it to German thinking to engineer something so creative.

couldn't agree with you more aobut that. Thanks.

Yeah... I like the periscope on top so the pilot could see behind him..

Clever Germans!

I like the detail on the sights

Comiso!!! That's not how we teach the young padawons. :lol: Now find that planet you will.

Ardeken, the prop is a used as a means of generating electricity for the aircraft electronics and electrical system, since the very crude rocket on the Me163 system did not have a mechanical conversion of thrust for the same.

Comiso... I'm ashamed of you. Funny. But ashamed. :sad3:

We should not discourage questions or our website will not be populated with a next generation of those interested. Now, back to Alizee. Ahhhhh....

Comiso!!! That's not how we teach the young padawons. :lol: Now find that planet you will.

Ardeken, the prop is a used as a means of generating electricity for the aircraft electronics and electrical system, since the very crude rocket on the Me163 system did not have a mechanical conversion of thrust for the same.

Comiso... I'm ashamed of you. Funny. But ashamed. :sad3:

We should not discourage questions or our website will not be populated with a next generation of those interested. Now, back to Alizee. Ahhhhh....

You're right... I just had a wild hair. I promise, I wont do it again unless I REALLY cant resist!

:D

Thank you kindly, and if I'm not around much it's because I'm working on my site - I realise now that I set myself an epic rebuilding task, and it's consuming my time in huge bucketloads... :shock:

The full set:

This example is a Me-163B of JG400, circa 1945.

Me163_JG400_191301.png

Me163_JG400_191454.png

Me163_JG400_191659.png

Me163_JG400_191907.png

Me163_JG400_440013.png

Me163_JG400_440165.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back