ME-262 A1a Promodeller 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ArmouredSprue

Senior Airman
Feb 26, 2013
Adelaide SA
Hi all

This time I have decided to build a classic. Amongst all WW2 warbirds, I think some airplanes are especial and therefore deserve to be in a collection, and between them is, without a doubt, the Me-262.
It was the first operation jet engined airplane, and almost changed the destiny of that conflict, all due an strategic error that is not the case to discuss here, what really matter is that it is beautiful, agressive and its painting schemes are less than ordinary!

I've built this model straight from the box without any major change besides the decals to show the ME-262A1a version used by Oberfeldwebel Heinz Arnold, 11./JG 7 (Prague-Ruzyn, April 1945).

DSCF4297.jpg

DSCF4298.jpg

DSCF4299.jpg

DSCF4300.jpg

DSCF4301.jpg

gain all comments are appreciated!

Cheers

Paulo

Paulo, that's a real nice job mate.

2 things missing from this kit the hinged section on the top of the cannon access bay and the small teardrop blisters, both roughly shown on your last image.
I forgot both when i did this kit, realised my error too late, was able to add the hinge lines but not the blisters...was already painted at that time!

Attachments

• Paulos Me262.JPG
    Paulos Me262.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 259
Paulo, that's a real nice job mate.

2 things missing from this kit the hinged section on the top of the cannon access bay and the small teardrop blisters, both roughly shown on your last image.
I forgot both when i did this kit, realised my error too late, was able to add the hinge lines but not the blisters...was already painted at that time!

Hi Wayne thanks for the tip!
Good excuse to build another one.

Thanks Paulo - they are posted in the last couple of pages of the 'What's on the workbench' thread.
The 2 kits are actually very comparable in detail (I also forgot to scribe the upper panel line as I had intended! - Doh!!!) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back