Me 262 Mistel combination, projected - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A4K

Brigadier General
Dec 17, 2007
The back of beyond
Usename: A4k
Name: Evan
Category: 2 - Intermediate
Scale: 1/72
Subject: Projected Messerschmitt Me 262 Mistel combination
Kits:
Me 262A-2a/U2 control aircraft - Academy Me 262A-1a conversion;
Me 262 Grossbombe - Revell me 262B-1a/U1 conversion;
Startwagen - from Dragon Mistel 5 kit.
Accessories:
Eduard 72 085: Me 262B trainer (PE);
Eduard 72 270: Me 262B-1a/U1 (PE);
Squadron crystal clear 9183: Me 262A canopy (Falcon)

This was one of a series of projected Mistel combinations, still in the planning stages at cease of hostilities.
One example of the Me 262A-2a/U2 was actually flight tested (W.nr.110484); this was the type envisaged to fill the control aircraft role in this combination.

Plan: To actually complete a bloody GB project for once!!!
Primarily - lower Grossbombe component atleast (in straight metal finish), on startwagen.
If possible - control aircraft also (in markings of W.nr.110484, which would possibly have been the test aircraft for initial prototypes).

Info scarce, so would welcome anything of help!

Cheers,
Evan

STA51918.JPG
STA51916.JPG
STA51917.JPG
STA51920.JPG
STA51921.JPG
STA51922.JPG
STA51939.JPG

Last edited:
Cheers guys!

A special request: *PLEASE* keep kicking me in the a$$ to get this and 190 done - hard to stay motivated in current household conditions!!!

Please feel free to comment and (constructively) criticise too - want to do a good job of this. (will be first proper airbrushed project too!)

8) Looking forward to see what you'll do with this one(s) Evan. Expect to be encouraged for this project. :)
Also nice to see more 1/72 scale entries.

Cheers guys!! :)

Finger officially pulled out and construction started with (sorry for the pun) the Startwagen!

First questions already: In 1945 Germany how weathered would such a piece of equipment be..? And what would it take to tow it?
Too heavy for a Kettenkraftrad in operational configuration, but could a Scheuchschlepper manage it, or rather something heavier?

Ocurred to me too that the Revell and Academy Me 262's differ in Jumo cowl form which will be noticable sitting on top of each other. Wingtips also. Considering options, but may use a started Revell Me 262A-2a as control aircraft, to keep them identical. Your thoughts??

Last edited:
There's a possibility that the airframes might not even have been painted, being still in primer, with puttied panel joints. If they were painted then, at a guess, I don't think there'd be any weathering as such, maybe just a very basic paint job.
Towing vehicle could be an Opel truck or similar, or, more likely, a couple of horses !!

Tend to agree with Terry on this one, at that stage of the war they would have been scraping the barrel and serviceable ground equipment would have been scarce. A couple of nags would also add a dramatic, realistic touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back