me109 RH landing gear door (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

egorrrr

Airman
Sep 5, 2022
Hello! Does anyone know how to determine what modification me109 these parts are from?
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20230316_102914.jpg
    IMG_20230316_102914.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230316_103030_1.jpg
    IMG_20230316_103030_1.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi egorrr. What are the measuremenrs of this part? And what do you want to know? If its from a bf109 e or f or etc.?
And i think you want to look at the title
This wheel cover from me109 but I don't know which F,E or G
76 cm length, 60 cm width.

Attachments

• IMG_20230316_102914-2.jpg
    IMG_20230316_102914-2.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 16
IMHO not for E but F/G . The door for the Emil had a straight bottom edge with a corner cut. The one has the curved bottom edge without the corner cut seen. What is more the E had a reinforcing plates at the corners and the central area where the top part meets the top, arched ege of the bottom part. Also the inner reinforcing embossing is of a different shape.

IMHO not for E but F/G . The door for the Emil had a straight bottom edge with a corner cut. The one has the curved bottom edge without the corner cut seen. What is more the E had a reinforcing plates at the corners and the central area where the top part meets the top, arched ege of the bottom part. Also the inner reinforcing embossing is of a different shape.
Yes, you are absolutely right, today I looked at the drawing of wheel protection from Me109-E and remembered that in my heap of iron from me109E I saw such an object - reinforced at the corners

Attachments

• E.jpg
    E.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 27
So guys, I found on the Internet only one photo of the protection of the wheel from me109, and this protection:
- definitely not Emil
- different from my panel
and we have that in the photo maybe Gustav or Friedrich, but which one is what?

Attachments

• ForG.jpg
    ForG.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 21
The problem can be because both the F and G up to G-3 used the same wheels as memo serves. The differences you pointed in the pic above might be because of the variety of manufacturers who made the doors.

So guys, I found on the Internet only one photo of the protection of the wheel from me109, and this protection:
- definitely not Emil
- different from my panel
and we have that in the photo maybe Gustav or Friedrich, but which one is what?
I'm attaching some photos from my private collection with the wheel well cover of a Bf 109F-4 in the Canadian Air and Space Museum in Ottawa. This particular a/c was found in Russia and restored firstly in Russia, then in GB. Wheel well covers are riveted and cut out of two sheets (same as yours). Photos are quite large - I left them with the highest resolution possible for zooming in:
Photo 1
Photo 2
Here is a photo of the wheel well cover of another restored exemplar - a Bf 109G-2 with virtually the same features:
Photo 3
The missing part on the bottom of the cover (attached whit 3 screws) is called Bügel (=approx. hanger) and is shown in the Bf 109F-parts manual (see #3 below). The Bf 109G-parts manual doesn't show the covers at all and in a side note explains, they should be the same as on F-model.
TF96lus.jpg

Interestingly the 3 screws/bolts are top1, bottom 2 in the scheme and in the photos I added but top 2, bottom 1 on your photo.
In the National Museum of the USAF there is an original (restored of course) Bf 109G-10 showing the same details of the wheel well cover in its bottom part.
Photo 4
I'll agree with Wurger though, the differences you show are probably manufacturer-based rather than variant-based.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Interestingly the 3 screws/bolts are top1, bottom 2 in the scheme and in the photos I added but top 2, bottom 1 on your photo.
Great look, I didn't even notice. I love such answers, proletarian "thank you" Man! I think in the summer I will continue my search near the place where I picked up this piece of iron and write exactly what kind of aircraft it is.

I think in the summer I will continue my search near the place where I picked up this piece of iron and write exactly what kind of aircraft it is.
Good luck!
I'll bet for a F now (just because I like this variant so much). Keep us informed!
P.S. Please, go to your first post, go to "edit" and change the title of the thread - paRts, not paNts. It will be easier for all future readers to understand what is the thread about.
Cheers!

I would appreciate some help on this subject also. The bottom photo (the badly corroded one) on Egorrrr's post #7 shows a bugel (hanger) Catch 22 refers to in his post. Also seen on the F model parts page as ref# 3. I you look closely at Egorrrr's photo the bugel bolts to a plate that then bolts to the gear door. The F nor the G parts book shows this plate. I would love to identify a part number for this plate and ultimately a dimensional drawing. Sorry if my description is vague. Difficult to explain.
Any help appreciated.

Интересно, что 3 винта/болта - это верхний1, нижний 2 на схеме и на фотографиях, которые я добавил, верхний на следующем фото - 2, нижний 1.
bugels - bf109 F vs G

Attachments

• bugels.jpg
    bugels.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 15
bugels - bf109 F vs G
Thank you for the clarification on the bugels F vs G mounting. The part I'm referring to is what the bugels actually bolts to. If you look very closely at the bottom photo attached to Egorrrr's post #7 you can see the edge of the plate protruding from behind the bugels. As I said, I haven't seen this part listed in the F or the G parts book and would like to identify dimensions and shape for fabrication.

Thank you for the clarification on the bugels F vs G mounting. The part I'm referring to is what the bugels actually bolts to. If you look very closely at the bottom photo attached to Egorrrr's post #7 you can see the edge of the plate protruding from behind the bugels. As I said, I haven't seen this part listed in the F or the G parts book and would like to identify dimensions and shape for fabrication.
maybe this will help?

Attachments

• 2023-03-20_090449.jpg
    2023-03-20_090449.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 2023-03-20_090415.jpg
    2023-03-20_090415.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 2023-03-20_090346.jpg
    2023-03-20_090346.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 15
egorrrr, exactly what I've been looking for! Your first picture in this post looks like a page from a parts catalog but I'm only seeing a thumbnail of it. Can you tell me
what parts book it's from. If it's not too much to ask, would you be willing to post the parts break down and part number pages for the gear door? The F book I have doesn't show as much detail as your book does.
Thank you for an help you may be able to offer.
Curt

The F book I have doesn't show as much detail as your book does.
Curt
Curt, I believe this particular part cannot be seen on F-variants. IMHO it's a Bf 109K feature (or late Bf 109G-10). The plate under the Bügel could be some kind of Befestingungsplatte (just guessing here). It is possible that the Bügel was welded to the plate and the connection became stronger. It's clearly visible in a K-4 manual but without any description:
5bAGFuq.jpg

I believe Egor has more details.
Cheers!

Curt, I believe this particular part cannot be seen on F-variants. IMHO it's a Bf 109K feature (or late Bf 109G-10). The plate under the Bügel could be some kind of Befestingungsplatte (just guessing here). It is possible that the Bügel was welded to the plate and the connection became stronger. It's clearly visible in a K-4 manual but without any description:
View attachment 712340
I believe Egor has more details.
Cheers!
Thanks for the insight Catch. I can easily fabricate the part from Egor's last group of pics. I appreciate what you both have taken the time to offer.

egorrrr, exactly what I've been looking for! Your first picture in this post looks like a page from a parts catalog but I'm only seeing a thumbnail of it. Can you tell me
what parts book it's from. If it's not too much to ask, would you be willing to post the parts break down and part number pages for the gear door?
Hi Curt!
In my manuals for me109G, this drawing is completely absent, I don't know why:
But I was able to get such a scan of a page. But I don't even know what book it is from, only the inscription in the corner is visible - 1944. Maybe from me109G Ersatzteilliste 1944

Attachments

• 109 lgc (2).jpg
    109 lgc (2).jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back