• Le_steph40 - 1/48 Fiat CR 42

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Wayne Little - 1/32 Me262A-1a

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • turbo - 1/48 Macchi C.202 Folgore

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wurger

Siggy Master
Staff
Admin
Mod
Jun 19, 2005
Poland
Traditionally, belated but finally here is the thing we have included in the Group Builds - a Members Choice Award,
the Best Model Overall, based on the number of votes by Members...

Poll will run for 10 days, so get your vote in for whose model you deem Best in Show.......

Here's a link that has all the Finished Builds:

**** Finished Shots of Each Build .... Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Yep.. the list of the perticipants has been so long I had to change the settings of the forum system for a poll.

I've been lurking here a long time, very much enjoying the tremendous models that you guys put out...from beginner to pro the results are simply amazing. I've learned a lot just following along. I've gotten back into modeling after more than a 30 year layoff and have a 1/48 Ju-87D and P-51B in the early stages of construction for my first models back (both Revell so I'm having to relearn a LOT of skills from decades ago not to mention some new ones). Unfortunately I usually model for a week or two and then life takes over for a month or two (or often longer) so progress is slow. I'd love to take part in a group build (that's still a goal to reach someday...I retire in 8 years!!) but am way too slow in the process. I've started to respond before but have never been able to complete a thought before the conversation has long passed what I was going to comment on. But I felt I finally had to say something here.

The finished models in this GB are simply beautiful. I voted for the Ki-61 since Jim did a terrific clean job on the build, a great painting job, and probably the final tipping point it's one of my favorite aircraft that I've always wanted to build. That said, Wayne's paint job on the Me-262 was probably the best job of an intricate subject I've ever seen and Kirby's finish and weathering on his Macchi C.202 was incredible. I was really torn on the vote. There are not enough adjectives and superlatives to adequately describe the work all of you guys do and everyone should be extremely proud of the efforts. Any time I need a little motivation to get back to the bench...I just come to this site and am completely stoked.

Wow, you guys all have a lot of talent, well done all of you. Very tough to make a choice, now with that being said I couldn't in all honesty make a selection (actually I did), I don't see the Cadillac of the Skies or the Immortal One in the mix.:(

( That's the Mustang and the Buff respectively to you great unwashed... ) :cool: :lol:

Last edited:
fanghawk fanghawk Why not open a thread in the Start to Finish section to get your feet wet..........

I've thought about it...but didn't want to start something and then disappear for 3-6 months...or longer. That picture of the ripped up shower in another thread looks very similar to my recent experience and there's always something that seems to keep me from getting any kind of building rhythm going. Though I have been taking pictures along the way to share with my younger brother who's also getting back into models...so the pictures are at least there. So I may...I've definitely wanted to do something like that. Though the next canopy I have to mask may make me swear off aircraft modeling forever. ;)

I've thought about it...but didn't want to start something and then disappear for 3-6 months...or longer. That picture of the ripped up shower in another thread looks very similar to my recent experience and there's always something that seems to keep me from getting any kind of building rhythm going. Though I have been taking pictures along the way to share with my younger brother who's also getting back into models...so the pictures are at least there. So I may...I've definitely wanted to do something like that. Though the next canopy I have to mask may make me swear off aircraft modeling forever. ;)

We share a similar story fanghawk, I got back into modelling after a 30 year layoff and still struggle to meet group build deadlines :thumbright: and build consistently due to family, work, and general life commitments. I would encourage you to put your toe in the water with a build thread, however, as you will find the community very friendly and helpful and it will give you motivation to get to the bench, even if it is just to do a small bit at a time, which is good for the soul!

Well...nothing ventured, nothing gained so I'll go ahead and start a "Start to Finish Builds" thread...maybe 2 since I'm working on the P-51B and Ju-87D in parallel. Thanks for the encouragement...this should be fun. At the risk of taking this thread even further afield than I have already...is there a preferred image size for these threads? I've looked through the site and think I have seen at least 4 different sizes referenced so wasn't sure what the actual preference (if any) was.

The best size is 800 pixels in the width. However the system allows to attach the images of 1600 pix maximally. But these are re-sized down automatically in order to be adjusted to a screen of users. The larger image the larger file the slower scrolling and data transfer via the net connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back