MEMBERS CHOICE POLL: Battle of Britain Group Build #7 (2 Viewers)

Member's Choice Poll / Best in Show

• Airframes : Bf109E 'White 6' JG3, Sept. 1940

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ozhawk40 : Bf109E4 Kommandeur Hauptmann Hans von Hahn 1./JG3 Aug 1940

• ozhawk40 : Hurricane Mk1 V6555 S/L RR Stanford Tuck

• Vic Balshaw : Spitfire Mk.II

• Vic Balshaw : Blackburn Roc

• jamierd : Beaufighter Mk 1F 219 Sqn RAF

• Crimea_River : Spitfire Mk. 1 R6595 DW-O 610 Sqdn P/O F.K. Webster

• Rochie : Bf 109 E-4 Helmut Wick JG 2 Oct 1940

• Rochie : Hurricane Mk I V6684 RF-F 303 sqdn (Polish) RAF

• javlin : Spitfire MkI. 92 Sqd.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK Guys, one of the things we have included in the Group Builds is a Members Choice Award, deemed Best Model Overall, based on the number of votes by Members...

Poll will run for 10 days, so get ur vote in for whose model u deem Best in Show.......

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/7-...gallery-finished-models-26834.html#post743252
(Finished Shots of Each Build)

Also please, if u havent already, take a look at all the ***FINISHED threads for each kit ur considering, as there are usually 10 great shots of each model...

I keep changing my mind, the overall quality of these builds is very high.

Slaterat

This was friggin' tough......an excellent standard in this crop of models....finally made a decision and went with Andy's 109 Black 8

This has been far the hardest one yet and a good number of these were nothing short of excellent. I had to go with Glenn's Yellow 10 but Andy's Black 8 is outstanding as well.

This is not an easy one, I've narrowed the field to about 5 finalists (maybe), so now I'm going to sleep on it and see how they look come morning.

Friggin' tough!!! After several days and down to some choices, I went with jayl's Spit - though NUMEROUS entries stood out!! Although I'm biased to the LW, that Spit was very well done and the old puddle-jumper in me liked how the weathering turned out on that Spit.

But congrats to all and I'm sorry I missed this build!!

I voted for Wayne's BF109. Tough decision with a lot of great builds. I went with the one that I thought looked the coolest. 8)

Friggin' tough!!! After several days and down to some choices, I went with jayl's Spit - though NUMEROUS entries stood out!! Although I'm biased to the LW, that Spit was very well done and the old puddle-jumper in me liked how the weathering turned out on that Spit.

But congrats to all and I'm sorry I missed this build!!

That was me also suttle weathering,extras and the attention to details :thumbleft:Cheers

Well, In my ignorance.............. I thought, "how does this work"?

SH!T!
Can I change my vote?????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
There are so many outstanding builds in this contest and you all deserve a pat on the back but in the end I decided I needed to go back to the basics of what the GB was all about i.e. the BofB.

So I started looking for battle hardened machines and I must confess that the number of 109's with their distinguished and proud lines were very captivating. But in the end I just had to go with the battle fatigued look of Jayl (Jasons) Mk I Spitfire.

I kept mine, the Defiant, as new. I did this understanding that it would probably have had some weathering. However it was their first, and only entry into battle. Their only operation, only lasted minutes.

They gave it their best, they gave their lives, as ordered.
Freedom is always paid by someone, it is not free.

I guess this is why I chose this plane to build.
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back