*** MEMBERS CHOICE POLL: GB #48 Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WW2 (1 Viewer)

Member's Choice Poll / Best in Show

• fastmongrel - Sea Hurricane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crimea River - SBD-1 Dauntless

• Rochie - Hellcat Mk. I

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Rochie - Mitsubishi A6M5c

• le_steph40 - I-16 Type 5

• fastmongrel - S.M. 79

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Crimea River - Avia B.534 Series III

• Berny5664 - A6M5c Zero

• fubar57 - TBM-3 Avenger

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • PlasticHero - A6M2 Zero

• Bustedwing - Heinkel He-115

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Jeff Hunt - B-17 Mk.I

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • dneid - F6F-5

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Wayne Little - Hs123A-1

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Donivanp - SB2U-3

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Imalko - Hurricane Mk.I

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
It's time again for another Member's Choice Poll! All of our Group Builds have concluded with the judges choices as well as a "Members Choice Award", which represents the Best Model Overall as selected by the members of the forum. The judges are now looking at the GB 48 entries and this is an invitation for each of you to take a look at the wonderful builds at the below link and to cast your vote for the one that you consider to be "Best in Show". Please support our Group Builds by taking a look and casting a vote!

The poll will run for 10 days, and here's a link that has all the Finished Builds: **** Finished Shots of Each Build ... Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII / Military A/C before 1939 (incl Spanish Civil War)

Extremely tough choices. The details and "corrections" of the aircraft modeled are amazing.
It was a toss-up between all of them. I chose the Wind Indicator. I just like "wind indicator" to describe an airplane.

I'm a bit confused (no surprise to some), but this 'selection' for Best In Show covers Non-competing/Advanced/Intermediate. Is there not a sub-category for submission skills? The non-competing builders are mostly, in my opinion, further advanced in their skills and will/should have the finished model advantage. The Intermediate submissions are all good but some are great; but not in the same league as some of the non-competitors. My vote will go for one of the intermediates even though they are a bit less refined. So there skilled ones!

This is an open poll to all forum members and makes no distinction for skill level. It's meant to allow anyone to pick the model they like best. The judged part of the GB looks at the skill categories and uses a specific scoring method often used in formal competitions.

I really wanted to vote for the SeaHurri but there was so much more nice looking build on the B-17. But all the rest were top notch.

I do think the level of building is going up very fast. I dont know why but it is. I am amazed how deep the knowledge of the subjects is getting, let alone the level of building. Hope it will atracked more builders and on lookers like me.

Well done and on to the next ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back