Members Vote for Group Build Entries.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
I'm posting this here in order that most, if not all, members will get to see it!
You may, or may not, be aware that the first ww2 aircraft.net Modellers Group Build is drawing to a close.
For a first attempt at a global Group Build, the interest, enthusiasm and participation has been outstanding, and a great deal of useful information, advice, and historic and technical facts have been shared by many members, not all of whom are themselves modellers.
This first Group Build, entitled 'Unternehmen Luftbrucke' (Operation Airbridge), has centred on Luftwaffe aircraft in Defence of the Reich, and many fine models have emerged during the course of the past four months.
The official places for First, Second and Third will be announced once judging is complete, and I hope to present these results next Tuesday, 12th May.
I have donated an 'unofficial' prize for first place, in the form of a vintage 1/72nd scale model kit; this is a Percival Proctor', from the original 'Frog' model company, dating from the 1960's, and is now a collectors item.
There is also a second 'prize' up for grabs, a print on A4 card (possibly A3 if I can do it!) from one of my original oil paintings, and the winner of this will have a choice from two subjects, which I will post separately over the weekend. This print will be a 'one-off', never before reproduced, and will be signed and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity, and notes giving the historical background to the scene portrayed.
This prize will be awarded, not by marks from the judges, but by votes from you, the members of this fine forum, to the model deemed to be the 'Best of Show', regardless of which models gain 1st, 2nd and 3rd places from the scores awarded by the panel of judges.
A simple Poll will be posted shortly, in order that you may cast your votes for ONE model only. To help you decide, there is a section in the Modelling threads, showing all the completed entries, under the title of 'Finished Models' and, in addition, the individual 'Finished' threads for each entrant can also be viewed, to help you reach your decision.
Each member who has entered a model, or models, has undertaken some extensive research and, in some cases, uncovered some little known facts along the way, regarding their subject aircraft, it's pilot or crew and, where possible, its ultimate fate. The work involved, not only in building and finishing the models, has been outstanding, and each model not only provides a rather nice display piece, but also represents a piece of history in miniature, re-created as authentically as possible, with the skills and materials available to the individual concerned. It is worth noting that many of the 'competitors' are new, or relatively new, to modelling, and their efforts have, I believe, been superb.
So, please show your support, and cast your vote for the model that you, the members of this forum, feel should receive the prize for the 'Members' Best of Show'.
Further details will be shown in the poll thread when posted, and it is intended that the poll will close on Wednesday, 13th May.
Thank you for your interest and support.
Terry.

Cheers guys, but no need to thank me. Should be thanking yourselves, for your great efforts, and Lucky, for having the bl**dy idea in the first place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back