Memorial Jump Operation Market Garden

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kingscoy

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2008
The Netherlands
www.arga-nl.nl
Hi,
I'm posting this as a dissapointed paratrooper:( This mornings airborne drop to commemorate Operation Market Garden was cancelled due to fog over the DZ. The morning drop will be pushed to the afternoon drop and the guys planned for jumping this afternoon will not be jumping....myself included. But jumping or not it is always a great and humble feeling to honor the men who fought for our freedom. I have attached a movie clip which was of the jump last year made by TV GELDERLAND a local broadcasting station. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Sander

Attachments

• OP MARKET GARDEN_2015.mp4
    26.8 MB · Views: 115
Brilliant video Sander, brought back many memories - thanks for posting.
Real shame you can't get one in today, and I know exactly how you must feel. Hope to see you at Bottisham next weekend if you can make it.

My Uncle flew on this op in a 437 Sqdn RCAF C-47. Wish I had talked to him more years ago. He is long gone but not forgotten.

fixed-3.jpg
Sgt. Keith Hunt at RCAF Base Borden. He would rise to the rank of Lt. by the time he flew operations.

For more info on 437 Sqdn. RCAF and their wartime exploits click on the link. They were the only RCAF C-47 Sqdn. in Europe.

437 (RCAF) Squadron

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for sharing the photo of your Uncle! It is men like your Uncle who we honor. This year and for the first time Canadian units are jumping too. I had my plans set on jumping a Canadian chute...perhaps next year.

Cheers,
Sander

Users who are viewing this thread

Back