eBay: Messerschmitt Bf109 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bf 109K4 of 14./JG53. Schleißheim, Austria

View attachment 354148

That's very cool - what's with the Red lines though, covering little bits of detail (and yeah, I get that some people feel the need to cover the Hakenkreuz, despite it's presence being fine when it comes to historical study)? Makes me wonder what I am missing! ;)

D

Many of these photos are from auction sites and the sellers often times put marks on the image so it can't be reproduced (not on the actual photo, of course, but the representing image).

And many of the sellers on European auction sites mark out the Swastika because of legality depending on where they live or the auction site's rules.

Many of these photos are from auction sites and the sellers often times put marks on the image so it can't be reproduced.

And many of the sellers on European auction sites mark out the Swastika because of legality depending on where they live or the auction site's rules.

Ah, of course - makes total sense now! Duh!!!! ;)

D

That is incredible! How has that camo been applied? It looks too detailed for the spray guns typically used in that era; all I can think of is something like 'stamping' the colour on using a 'scrunched up' rag or a sponge?...
It's an old technique and can be done with rags or sponges. It can also be done with a spray gun by adjusting the output to a round pattern and give quick bursts while holding the gun at an angle to the fuselage.
It was a common scheme on many aircraft during WWI - one good example would be the Albatros D.III (Oeffag 153) flown by Josef Kiss (the Black Knight) of the Imperial Austrian Army Air Service. Jasta 15 of the Imperial German Air Service was also known to sport this type of mottled camouflage.

Ah, of course - makes total sense now! Duh!!!! ;)
:thumbleft:

That's very cool - what's with the Red lines though, covering little bits of detail (and yeah, I get that some people feel the need to cover the Hakenkreuz, despite it's presence being fine when it comes to historical study)? Makes me wonder what I am missing! ;)

D
That's because those pictures come from eBay.de, Germany and there this symbol is by law a big no-no and quite firm consequences can be the sellers part if not covered.

Me 109 D-1 d. 3./JGr 126 Hahnwappen Neumünster fall 1939

me109_321_Me 109 D-1 d. 3.-JGr 126 Hahnwappen Neumünster Herbst 39.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back