eBay: Messerschmitt Bf109 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fuselage underside is also either RLM 76 or a similar colour, and although there's little contrast shift, some of the tones suggest a 70/71 splinter on the upper surfaces, photo circa 1939.

photo circa 1939.

Without serious investigation, my initial reaction looking at the oversize Balkenkreuz on the wing would be to date the picture in the 'Sitzkrieg' period. I'd say circa 1939, or early 1940 would be about right :)
Cheers
Steve

I agree with Steve. The large wing crosses on wings appeared at the end or after the September campaigne 1939 in Poland. IMHO the date should be late 1939/ early 1940.

To be honest I'm not sure the kite belonged to the NJG 1 unit. If it was of that there should be the large emblem of the squadron seen partially behind the first guy on left. So I agree on your opinion on the camo consisted of the RLM70/71. In the case , the RLM65 on undersides is very possible as well.

Please remember that this picture was in a series and all of then including the me110 posted elsewhere were all NJG.

pic below was not in that series but since we are discussing all black 109... Gildner

NJG1_Gildner.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back