Messy's S.A.C AIR Museum Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Messy1

Master Sergeant
Nov 21, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
This past weekend, we took a mini family vacation to Omaha to go to the Zoo, and on Sunday, my dad and I headed to the SAC Air Museum. Took a ton of photos as best I could with my little point and shoot. Here are a few!

#1-View from outside the front entrance. You can make out the outlines of the SR71 in the front glass area.

#2-Here is the view that awaits you when you walk in the front doors.

#3-Another view of the SR71. I had no idea how big this plane was until I walked under it for the first time. It is a truly big plane.

#4-Here is a view inside the #1 hangar. They have some very large planes crammed into this hanger.

#5-Another view. They have a very good collection here. I was really surprised how much diversity they hand on display.

#6-Here is the S.A.C emblem.

#7-B-36 Peacemaker. There was noway I was going to fit this monster in one shot inside the hanger. This is a huge plane!

#8-Here is a internal view of a Wright R1820 Cyclone. They had several motors like this display.

#9-Here is a very cool Avro Vulcan.

#10-They have one of the Goblin experimentals. Pretty cool to see one in person.

Attachments

• sac entrance 1.JPG
    sac entrance 1.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 612
  • sr71-1.JPG
    sr71-1.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 446
  • sr71-2.JPG
    sr71-2.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 465
  • sac hangar 1.JPG
    sac hangar 1.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 558
  • sac hangar #2.JPG
    sac hangar #2.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 468
  • VULCAN 1.JPG
    VULCAN 1.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 407
  • wasp motor.JPG
    wasp motor.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 415
  • b36-1.JPG
    b36-1.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 402
  • sac emblem.JPG
    sac emblem.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 463
  • goblin 2.JPG
    goblin 2.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Here are a few more.

#1-B1-A. Only two left of this model I believe.

#2-Here was a cool Delta Dagger.

#3-Here was a RB-45 Bomber.

#4-A plane I was not familiar with, a B-57.

#5-Here was cool display of a double wasp engine.

Attachments

• B1-.JPG
    B1-.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 370
  • Delta Dagger.JPG
    Delta Dagger.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 425
  • RB45.JPG
    RB45.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 396
  • B-57.JPG
    B-57.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 363
  • DOUBLE WASP.JPG
    DOUBLE WASP.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 426
Does anyone have any tips for shooting pics under fluorescent lighting? Some of these pics are very grainy. I am guessing that is due to the lighting. Anyone have any tips?

Does anyone have any tips for shooting pics under fluorescent lighting? Some of these pics are very grainy. I am guessing that is due to the lighting. Anyone have any tips?

Awseome pics... I love the gremlin

grainy is caused by low light... notice the outdoor pics are fine. some cameras have terrible low light capabilities.
Flourescent, if the wrong settings are used makes the pics yellow
cameras get confused when the lighting is from mixed sources...

Every digital camera should have separate settings for day light, incandescent lights, and florescent lights. i assume it's digital? look in your view finder - make adjustments till it looks good.

Check the features on your camera...

alternatively, you can adjust the color of the photos with software like photoshop.

thanks for the photos

the nice thing about this museum is you can walk right up to, touch, and even walk under most of the aircraft. You can really get a up close look at these birds. Not too many WW2 area planes though, but that was before SAC's era I guess.

Last edited:
I love the SR71 too. As you can tell, it is the crown jewel in their collection so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back