Mid Atlantic Air Museum WW2 Weekend (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
One week from today I head to Airshow Jason's place so we can depart early the next morning for Reading Pennsylvania and our first show of the year. Last year we helped out a friend with the photo tours and this year, in addition those assignments, we will be running the first dedicated photo pit in the long history of this show. We also run the photo pit at Thunder Over Michigan and have been involved there for over 10 years.

I have attached a link to the MAAM website if you want to check out what is going on during the first weekend in June.

I will use this thread to post photos of this event.

Cheers

Jeff

Here are a couple cell.phone entries from tonight's after dark shoot.

Cheers

Jeff

Attachments

• 20230603_220119.jpg
    20230603_220119.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230603_215815.mp4
    63.6 MB
Don't see a whole lot of progress from last year but I have come to the conclusion that I will be long dead before this small museum gets this bird in the air. It is a great money maker for them however. View attachment 724365

View attachment 724366View attachment 724367

Cheers

Jeff
Thanks Jeff!, lovely pictures as ever. As for not in our live time: Love to see it fly, but better this then rotting in a ditch or down in a scrapper.
But boy ..would be something now wouldnt it?
Next to FiFi it would be my next thing to go see.
Thanks again for keeping track.

Thanks Jeff!, lovely pictures as ever. As for not in our live time: Love to see it fly, but better this then rotting in a ditch or down in a scrapper.
But boy ..would be something now wouldnt it?
Next to FiFi it would be my next thing to go see.
Thanks again for keeping track.
Between revenue rides and airshow flying Fifi was goood for roughly 20 takeoffs and landings over the Thursday-Sunday time frame. Never gets tired. I have lots more Fifi stuff but you will have to be patient!.

Cheers
Jeff

I will be a good boy. Ill wait. Man just a ride in FiFi .... what would that take? 4 souls of virgins and Odins Hammar?

Almost had a ride in Fifi. As a life member we could get a ride, space available, during airsho week in the old days. Of course, being a member we could be bumped when someone more important showed up. Being photog staff, we tried to ride often, but the better photogs got most of them.

"DOC' is in town this weekend. "FIFI" looks like a working-dog compared to "DOC" the showboat. Both take stacks of C-Notes to ride-in.
Jager
"Living On Tulsa Time"

Last edited:
Got to go on Fifi after it returned from a revenue flight and the guy who paid the most, siting in the bomb aimers position, came out soaking wet. Said it was like flying in a hot house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back