MIG-15 pilot dies (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No Kum Sok wasn't the first North Korean.
Lee Kun Soon was the first N. Korean pilot to defect, when he flew his IL-10 to S. Korea in 1950.

Before that, were two Soviet pilots who flew their Tu-2 from the Soviet Union to Austria in 1948 and a Polish pilot who flew his IL-2 from Poland to Sweden in 1949.
"Who defected WITH HIS MIG-15"

The entire point of "Operation Moolah" was to entice a North Korean pilot to defect with his MIG-15, which US intelligence was highly interested in getting its' hands on. Although No Kim Suk wasn't aware of the program when he defected, he was rewarded with an education etc for delivering a Mig-15.

Anyone who bothered to click the link and read the article that was deemed important enough to post as a forum thread should have been able to comprehend that the entire point of the event was the importance of obtaining an intact Mig-15 and not the defection of some miscellaneous North Korean pilot.

When, I was young, I remember being upset that my Saturday morning cartoons were interrupted by these educational cartoons describing the Constitution, how a bill becomes a law, and such things as Reading is Fundamental. Today, I thank God that my dad had me watch those clips rather than allowed me to whine and complain through them.

"Who defected WITH HIS MIG-15"

The entire point of "Operation Moolah" was to entice a North Korean pilot to defect with his MIG-15, which US intelligence was highly interested in getting its' hands on. Although No Kim Suk wasn't aware of the program when he defected, he was rewarded with an education etc for delivering a Mig-15.

Anyone who bothered to click the link and read the article that was deemed important enough to post as a forum thread should have been able to comprehend that the entire point of the event was the importance of obtaining an intact Mig-15 and not the defection of some miscellaneous North Korean pilot.

When, I was young, I remember being upset that my Saturday morning cartoons were interrupted by these educational cartoons describing the Constitution, how a bill becomes a law, and such things as Reading is Fundamental. Today, I thank God that my dad had me watch those clips rather than allowed me to whine and complain through them.
Calm the eff down, champ.

Not sure wtf your problem is, but my post was in reply to this:
Perhaps one of the first Cold War overflights ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back