Migrant's stringy-things: added DH Dragon Rapide (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow! Migrant, your Bristol Scout is GORGEOUS and your DH2 is UNBELIEVABLE!! Did you pre-paint the ribs and then spray the main color over, or what? Although I build WWI in 1/72, I'd love to be your acolyte when it comes to making stringy things. Thanks for the inspiration, sire.

I love the DH-2, always 1 of my favourite aircraft. It fought some hellish battles with the Fokker E.1

It's been a while since I updated this. Here's the Airfix 1/72 Albatros D.Va with some corrections, home made decals and details added.

800_0075.jpg

800_0089.jpg

800_0092.jpg

800_0093.jpg

Great work once again Mike. You didn't happen to make it to the Edmonton show a couple of weeks back did you? Didn't see you there.

I had to recheck my photo archive as I thought maybe this Albatross of yours was one of the ones I saw there but confirmed I did not see it.

Thanks for your comments

That's gorgeous Mike!:notworthy: :cool: Do you paint the wood grain on?

I did Aaron, it's just heavily thinned brown acrylic dry-brushed over a cream-coloured base.

1/72??????????????????? Holy <Bleep!>

Your rigging on the 1/48 scale was amazing, this one however is :notworthy:

I have to ask, what did you use for the rigging in this scale?

Cheers VB, I used stretched vinyl sprue, the kind that tank tracks come on; when stretched it maintains its elasticity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back