Millville, NJ Wings Wheels

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Well, it looks like after 2 years of a dsappointing show the MAAFM have gone back to basics and is rolling the airshow like it used to be with jets, warbirds and aerial shows. Looks like this may be the only one I'll be checking out this year so this is a shout out to any East Coast members who might venture down next week and we can get together and enjoy. Harrison? Steve? any of those new members from PA or NJ ...or even VA?

Wheels Wings 2011 - Featuring The U.S. Navy Blue Angels

PM me for details. Looks like I'm going to the Sunday showing. And as always I will get pics!

Attachments

• home_splash_image.gif
    home_splash_image.gif
    73.5 KB · Views: 127
I don't think I'm doing anything particularly special so I'll ask my Dad what were up to. It is about a 2 hour drive from me so I will let you know what he thinks. I know the week after that is WW2 Weekend!

As long as it hasn't changed yes I do. I think we were heading down the shore for a night anyway so my dad said it may work out perfectly he just needs to check with my mom and makes sure she's okay. So definitely a possibility he said! :D

Alright, the President and Vice-President of the East Coast Chapter of WW2aircraft.net will conduct a meeting next Sunday over coffee and a P-47!!! Everyone welcome!!!

Well, it looks like after 2 years of a dsappointing show the MAAFM have gone back to basics and is rolling the airshow like it used to be with jets, warbirds and aerial shows. Looks like this may be the only one I'll be checking out this year so this is a shout out to any East Coast members who might venture down next week and we can get together and enjoy. Harrison? Steve? any of those new members from PA or NJ ...or even VA?
PM me for details. Looks like I'm going to the Sunday showing. And as always I will get pics!

Chris,

Unfortunately I can't make it. I'll be delivering live lobsters from NJ to MD. I was counting on WW II Weekend in Reading but that might be in jeopardy because of work also. :(

Hopefully the Collings Foundation B-17, B-24 and P-51 will come to Wall, NJ in August like they usually do (only six mile from my house).

In the meantime I'll have to be satisfied with the T-6 that flys over my house every Saturday. :)

TO

And we hear from our Chapter's Sgt-At-Arms!!! :)

Steve, when that show comes in August, I might be able to come up and check it out. Reading was a no-go for me too.

Most definately! Got the camera all ready. My money situation is so tight I didn't think I would make an airshow this year but seems I can squeek by on this one.

Alright bit of a dilemma now...

I would be more than happy to make the 2 hour drive but the Blue Angels got cancelled...also there fleet week in New York City which is much closer to me....hmmm

Thats true Harrison but the deciding factor should be that I'll also be at Millville! :)

There are a few vendors and in addition to the planes and stuff you have to see the museum. It is excellent!1 I volunteered there 10 years ago with my dad and we worked on a few of the model displays they have. It really is a good day, very similar to Reading but smaller scale and no flea market. But a good show.

Chris I think were a no go :(

My dad was all for it but when the blue angels cancelled he said he didn't think a 2 and a half hour trip was going to be worth it for a day. Sorry but hopefully soon well find somewhere else to meet up.

Again my apologies ..

AND NOW FOR PICS!!!

The show was great last weekend. Just like I used to go to. There were almost no warbirds and I'm guessing thats because of the last 2 years failure to do a good show. They went back to basics this time and it was great. There were some great acrobatic shows and the static displays were good. No P-51s or any of the B-25s or C-47s that usually show up or any L birds but I was just happy that things were back to normal after a horrible 2 years.

Anyhow the first pics are just general pics about what the show looks like. The huge mural is a new addition and looks fantastic!

Attachments

• Picture 100.jpg
    Picture 100.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture 101.jpg
    Picture 101.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture 102.jpg
    Picture 102.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Picture 099.jpg
    Picture 099.jpg