Mitsubishi A6M2b ZERO early Hasegawa 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

djos

Airman 1st Class
Nov 16, 2009
Belgrade, Serbia
Hi all

Another from the series ended, aged Hasegawa, one of my favorite models, poor detailed cockpit, nice engraved panels, but finished has everything on its place. To my sorrow, invested time and efforts to fully equip cockpit, fully build interior and improved seat ... etc ..... all that once closed with canopy stays buried and almost invisible.
Colors ...... questionable as always. I tried to apply everything that I've found for early Zero, which means light gray (IJN). What ever is really correct, I wanted to have two approach, IJN gray / green (i just finished airfix one) and gray of the IJN. In addition, I tried to break up the monotony with various surface shades, frankly I would not bet the reality of the final look, but I like it .... The next one will be certainly more balanced.
Hinomaru and stripe painted, because my original cracked :(. Wash standard approach, artistic oil paint, Tamiya pastels, and Gunze varnish at the end.
Pictures, with greetings to all

1a_zpsdyhzkggy.jpg

4a_zpstwx12wod.jpg

6a_zpspzv1cy6n.jpg

3a_zpsny0ugf6k.jpg

8a_zpstf0iil7p.jpg

4b_zpst1yxfgq4.jpg

12a_zpsqejhezlc.jpg

5a_zpsrwd91gq7.jpg

At the very least, a comparison with his twin brother by Airfix (for comparison of shape):

9b_zpssj34ygki.jpg

10b_zpszm05igka.jpg

Nice, for your reference, V-103 is a pretty good match for the correct zero colour as it appears on screen with a slightly Amber brownish tinge, while a slightly lighter Grey colour as per AI-155 should be used on the control surfaces, Rudder, Ailerons and elevators.

And whilst most apply a Matt finish Early Zeroes had a glossy finish.

Lovely, the colour is spot on awesome :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back