Mitsubishi A6M8 CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shinpachi

Lieutenant Colonel
Feb 17, 2008
Osaka
OK, as I promised with one of our dear members, krieghund, just one month ago, I am going to begin modelling the Mitsubishi A6M8 model 54 or 64 for my CGI work now.

Since I have happened to come across the most acculate measurements data of several parts of the A6M fuselage I ever knew through another finest member, Rob aka danishpasty, as well as two more my local friends who are also keen Zero-researchers during a couple of these days very fortunately, I would like to model the fuselage from the beginning disregarding my older work which was not necessarily acculate.

That would be the most acculate Zero fighter CGI I have ever made if I could complete all.
I may need your encouragements. So, please let me say 'Thanks!' in advance:)

Now it starts with my latest improved work of the 7th frame of the main body.
Thanks again Rob for your good advice. That has frankly inspired me for this project.

Please enjoy guys!

A6M2_No_7_01image05aR.JPG

I think I had better tell what was the problem, if any, with my older modelling A6Ms more clearly because
not a few scale modellers could be feeling the same thing too. Rob felt it at least.

The 1st image shows a profile of my older A6M5.
Fuselage lines were exact copies of drawings introduced in a very popular Japanese aviation magazine but
my frustration was there were no exact dimentional values about the height and width of the fuselage at all.
Yes, I am going to make my own new drawings from the beginning at first this time.

Take a look -
The 2nd image (photo) shows good profile of the A6M5 captured by US in Saipan.
The 3rd one shows exact tracings of the second image (photo).
The last one shows how it looks when the 1st and the 3rd images are overlayed.

Even when any distortion on the photo can be expected, several remarkable facts are coming up.

A6M5_01.JPG

A6M5_02.JPG

A6M5_03.JPG

A6M5_04.JPG

Hi Shinpachi. Just e-mailed you some drawings. Let me know if there is a problem and I will get She Who Must Be Obeyed to help me send them tomorrow. Sending email is me pushing the I.T. envelope.
Best Wishes, Rob.

Thanks, Thor!
My substantive working on the A6M has been stopping since 2005 as I was unable to find more detailed data about the fuselage.
You all here have given me a chance to continue again.
Thank you very much.

image025.jpg

This is my current working table on PC monitor.
Yes, I am reproducing the original Mitsubishi drawing as I have to correct distortion if it may exist before going into CGI modelling.
Thanks Rob. I will reproduce the entire sheet soon.
I don't hate this kind of work:)

Cross Sections Screenshot_00S.JPG

I may be good at checking the X-Y values but I have another dream - modelling humans.
This sample is from a Chinese creator whose name is unknown regretly as the data was supplied as free sample.
I think he or she is genius.

Oh, sorry for my off-topic.

Girl02S.JPG

I can't remember if you celebrate Christmas. If I recall correctly I don't think you do but I have been wrong before so I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and may the new year bring you much prosperity.

Thanks Aaron for your care.
We have no holiday for Christmas in Japan but people enjoy the day buying cakes, exchanging presents as a western style festival.
My elder brother and his family go to church as they are christians.
I make CGI.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year soon!

Christmas Eve in Kobe

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfm-xprpk3g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back