Modeling plans

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RabidAlien

1st Lieutenant
Apr 27, 2008
Hurst, Texas
I dont' post much in this forum, so I appologize if this site has already been picked over, but I ran across this while looking for images on Google, and thought someone who routinely builds models might enjoy taking a gander:

Index of /Bauplan (plans I've downloaded so far are in English)

Kewl! I'm thinkin once I finish my MAME cabinet (okay...start and finish) I'm gonna try my hand at one or two of these.

Warning...alot of these are .dwg files, needing autocad. There's a free viewer online, just search Google.

These are build plans for flying models from the Fokker D-VII I viewed. They would make nice static models too.

Yep. Just don't include the motor, and you've got a nice, large-sized static model. Or apply some math, and make smaller versions (my plan...one of these days...)!!

Yep. Just don't include the motor, and you've got a nice, large-sized static model. Or apply some math, and make smaller versions (my plan...one of these days...)!!

I do that the other way. I take 3-views and loft them to 1/4 scale to build rc planes. Most of the fun is making the drawings. In order to best do this I build the model from an accurate kit, take 3-dimensional measurements and then draw out the formers and ribs based on those dimensions. I change the wing airfoils a bit to offer better lift characteristics but otherwise try to retain as much scale detail as possible. At the moment I'm working plans up for a J2M3 Raiden in 1/4 scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back