Modern Aircraft color References (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
I'm about to embark on the path of the modern aircraft (Cracked open a F-18 and F-14) and need color references to things like the interior color, landing gear bay colors etc. Is there a site to reference these planes or will it be many? I also have plans to start an F-4 and B-47 and these questions apply to them too.

Regards

I'm about to embark on the path of the modern aircraft (Cracked open a F-18 and F-14) and need color references to things like the interior color, landing gear bay colors etc. Is there a site to reference these planes or will it be many? I also have plans to start an F-4 and B-47 and these questions apply to them too.

Regards

Dirk,

I have some reference materials I can check. Off the top of my head, landing bay color for the F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18 was WHITE, along with the landing gear and in some cases the edges of bay doors were painted red to make them more visible. Interior color for the F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18 should be Light Ghost Gray FS 36375.
I'll have to double check but I believe that's correct.

Not sure on the F-4.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back