Money of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
I like to collect bank notes.. unfortunately, most of them are worthless but I enjoy the link to the past.

I've started my own Forum (mostly just to see if i could).www.papermoneyforum.com . I don't expect to get many visitors but I'm pretty happy the the mast design and the fact that I figured out the installation and implimentation.

here are some samples

Attachments

• BRITS.jpg
    BRITS.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 632
  • NAZI.jpg
    NAZI.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 1,060
  • MIL1.jpg
    MIL1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 633
  • FRANCE1941.jpg
    FRANCE1941.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 1,515
  • PHIL_EMERG.jpg
    PHIL_EMERG.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 653
more + some civil war bills

Attachments

• 1862 confed.jpg
    1862 confed.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 539
  • 1864 confed.jpg
    1864 confed.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 549
  • DUTCHINDIES.jpg
    DUTCHINDIES.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 566
  • R-1938-2.jpg
    R-1938-2.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 598
  • R-1938.jpg
    R-1938.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 596
Neat stuff Comiso. Never seen those bills before. Still somewhat mystified by British money and all the slang terms for it.

Ill have to scan some of my money.

I have about 250 Million Reichs Mark from WW2 and about another 300 Billion Reichs Mark from before WW2.

I also have Japanese Occupation Money and French Money from when they were occupied by the Germans.

I also have a bill from France that was printed weeks after the liberation of France and has the French Flag waving and all this hub bub about Viva La France and stuff.

Ill have to scan some of my money.

I have about 250 Million Reichs Mark from WW2 and about another 300 Billion Reichs Mark from before WW2.

I also have Japanese Occupation Money and French Money from when they were occupied by the Germans.

I also have a bill from France that was printed weeks after the liberation of France and has the French Flag waving and all this hub bub about Viva La France and stuff.

Cool... I have some of that too but I dont want to post everything! Put it up and link back to this ww2aircraft.net

Neat stuff Comiso. Never seen those bills before. Still somewhat mystified by British money and all the slang terms for it.

Thanks.... I wish I were more knowledgeable about the money.... it's a window into the psyche of the nation that produced it

Cool. I have a few, I have some Japanese "script", B series military currency. I will have to dig in the closet and see what I have.

If you get around to it, please post them on my site and mention ww2.aircraft.net. the PR and linkbacks could help you snare a few more members!

thanks

I have an interesting issue here. These "Jewish money" were part of a Nazi scam that fooled Red Cross commitee visiting a concentration camp in occupied Czechoslovakia - Theresienstadt - in June 1943. When there were already rumors about mass extramination of Jews by Germans, Red Cross sent a commitee of Swiss inspectors to see what's the truth. Because of that, the inmates of Theresienstadt had to play a disgusting role of happy inhabitants of Jewish enclave being defended by the Germans in the heart of Europe. Only the nice looking and strong stayed, others were deported to Auschwitz before the commitee came. The whole camp was beautificated, making the whole place literally one big Potemkin village... Fake facades of coffeé houses, bars, shops, barberies and opera houses were put up, kids were taught to say "Schon wieder Sardinen und Schokolade?" (Oh, again we have sardines and chocolate?") in front of the inspectors, when in fact they were starving to death... The result of that was that the Red Cross announced that Jews are being treated wonderfully by the Germans and during horrible war on two fronts, Jews are enjoyed nice life in a spa town... Not to mention that after the commitee left, most of the inmates were immediately sent to gas chambers...For more see: Theresienstadt concentration camp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• MONEYdv1.GIF
    MONEYdv1.GIF
    100.2 KB · Views: 510
  • MONEY_dv.GIF
    MONEY_dv.GIF
    93.4 KB · Views: 503
  • theresienstadt_1krone_reverse.jpg
    theresienstadt_1krone_reverse.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 490
  • Theresienstadt-10kronenb.jpg
    Theresienstadt-10kronenb.jpg