Monogram B-24J?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
hey all. I'm starting to want to do the Southern Comfort III. but I think doing the 1:72 scale could prove too difficult. I dunno, maybe maybe not. so could anyone poin me towards the 1:48 monogram B-24? if not could the existing B-24D be converted to the J model?

Oh come now. If you can do a Connie in 1/144 a B-24 in 1/72 should be a piece of cake.:rolleyes:

lol, the thing is, i'd have to hand paint a LOT of stuff. like the name, the tail number, AND the tail signature. i'd also have to do the wing signature and the bomber mission counts just below the flight deck window.

yea, i know about that one. but does anyone know where I can get it?

If you want the 1/72 scale kit, try ScaleHobbyist or Squadron, both have the J and D models

If you want 1/48 scale, Scale Hobbyist, Tower Hobbies and Great Models have the Revell Monogram D version.

I only want a J version, tho. because that's what SoCoIII was. she was a J version. I'm wondering if it'd be possible to convert the D version to a J version?

ell, the only difference I can spot is that the j model has an elongated nose, and a built in nose turret, instead of a gun sticking out of glass

well, if I can't get a 1:48 J version, then i'll have to settle for the 1:72 made by minicraft. I just thought it'd make things easier on me if I got it bigger.

Rob, I saw the Revell (ex- Monogram) B24J on a web-site not long before Chrisstmas, as a re-release. I've been looking for it myself since, but haven't yet found it, and can't remember where I saw it!! It might have been on the Revell or Revell Germany sites. As the B17G and B17F have ben re-released, I would think it won't be long before the B24J arrives too, so it'll be worthwhile waiting for it. To convert a 'D' to a 'J' would be quite difficult, as you'd have to form the longer nose, mould a turret and make and mould the Bombardiers windows, among a few othert things. As for the markings, apart from the nose art itself, which could be done on a computer and then printed onto decal sheet, the rest should be available from various after market decals sheets, mix and match as required.
Although some of the work would be easier in the larger scale, it also means much more detail is visible, so really it entails more work. The markings are the only thing doifferent, so obtaining the basic markings and making the rest would be the same - just smaller in 1/72nd scale.

Yeah the D is already out it's a shame that it's just a repop of the old moulds, no PE or resin. The J was supposed to of been out by now but it's not. Maybe they are going to offer different builds i.e. Ford built etc with the option for the Emerson or other turret or even a Boulton turret for the early Brit Libs :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back