More info 4 u Guys Re P51 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jim68

Airman
Aug 13, 2004
Okay gents, this is the whole shooting match, all the info I have been able to scrounge up. Still no pic, so I will leave that up to you guys.
info as follows:
type- P51d
squad-336
group-4th
a/c code markings - VF-H
serial no - 44-14277
pilot - Lt. Benjamin L Griffin

OK gents hear is the history of the aircraft up until Griffin was shot down, and taken POW. As mentioned before the a/c started its life as "Jersey Bounce III", and was Capt Pierini's mount before he finished his tour. Upon completing his tour it became Lt. Griffons a/c. And he renamed it "Marian" after his girl. (Future Wife). The codes remaned the same but the nose artwork changed. Lt. Griffon was shot down on the 16th of April 1945, near Prague.He was captured and inturned. He survived the war and returned home.
Well thats it gents, so over to guys. The model is within an inch of being finished, and all help would be greatly appreciated.Thankyou for all of your responses so far. And i will keep an eye out on this great site. Many thanks .Jim in Perth Western Australia. :D

Attachments

• vargas.jpg
    vargas.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 603

Users who are viewing this thread

Back