More pictures of the Mars.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Ooooo I have so shredded my basement looking for old plane pics. This was on a school field trip in 1978. I'm the guy in the middle with the green jacket.

mm1.gif

mm2.gif

mm3.gif

I have quite a few other shots of it as well, but not very good pics.

God I wish I could go up in it ! If you notice there is one wing pontoon out of the water, we walked up to the wingtip and half way there the plane tipped over to the other side, we crapped ourselves !!!!! The inside is amazing ! Besides the water cells there is nothing, just a great big huge empty !

Yes very nice pictures. I like the colorize - the pinkish tone. Adds great atmosphere to the pictures.

Just tell me one thing... How the hell did you get on there? What the hell is it? A float plane in the middle of a river. Wait, two planes!!!

?

Pisis said:
Yes very nice pictures. I like the colorize - the pinkish tone. Adds great atmosphere to the pictures.

Just tell me one thing... How the hell did you get on there? What the hell is it? A float plane in the middle of a river. Wait, two planes!!!

?

They are Martin Mars. Martin built 6 as troop transports. One Crashed in 46 off Honilulu and another off San Francisco or San Diego. The remaining 4 were bought by BC Forrest Products and converted to water bombers to fight forrest fires. One crashed in the 50s and one was parted out leaving the two you see here. One of them buzzed my neghbourhood last summer when we had a fire, see crappy pics of the flyby previousley posted.
Biggest flying boat ever built, not including the HKI. There's a Short Sunderland out side the Royal Airforce Museum at Hendon England, the Sunderland is a pipsqueak next to a Mars !

Oh and no FX, the pics were taken with a dinosaur Pentax 35mm long since lost. Cant explain the pinkish hue....maybe it's a George Constanza thing.......not that there's anything wrong with that !

Bustedwing said:
Pisis said:

?

They are Martin Mars. Martin built 6 as troop transports. One Crashed in 46 off Honilulu and another off San Francisco or San Diego. The remaining 4 were bought by BC Forrest Products and converted to water bombers to fight forrest fires. One crashed in the 50s and one was parted out leaving the two you see here. One of them buzzed my neghbourhood last summer when we had a fire, see crappy pics of the flyby previousley posted.
Biggest flying boat ever built, not including the HKI. There's a Short Sunderland out side the Royal Airforce Museum at Hendon England, the Sunderland is a pipsqueak next to a Mars !

Oh and no FX, the pics were taken with a dinosaur Pentax 35mm long since lost. Cant explain the pinkish hue....maybe it's a George Constanza thing.......not that there's anything wrong with that !

So now I see, sir! :D I also checked the Fire Fighter pics you posted - good stuff in there! Keep posting us with your interesting family history, pls. ;)

Cheers,
Pisis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back