MTO GB Extension. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Looks like there are quite a few builds a long way from completion, and there's only two weeks to go to the 'official' end of the build.
So, unless anyone has any strong objections, the MTO Group Build will be extended to Sunday, 13th December.

No problem for me. I think they can get much time for building of their models. But the date you have esuggested should be the deadline.

Looks like there are quite a few builds a long way from completion, and there's only two weeks to go to the 'official' end of the build.
So, unless anyone has any strong objections, the MTO Group Build will be extended to Sunday, 13th December.

WOOT! No objections from THIS corner! :)

No objections here either, but we must be careful not to extent Group Builds to much otherwise the planned GB schedule will be completely disrupted.

I agree. Four months should be sufficient, and we can't continue to over run, so 13th December is the definite, final deadline!
If members still wish to post an un-finished model as completed, then it will be classed as such in order to gain the GB icon, if it's at least 75% complete. But, of course, it can only be scored accordingly, and can not gain a placing.

Exactly WHEN on Sunday? :lol: Seriously. It's going to take about a minimum of 24 hours for my clear coats to set up which means any extra time I can squeeze out makes a difference.

BTW, the HS 126 and Hs 123 are both waiting for the clear coats to dry before I add decals.

Let's say 23:59 hours local on Sunday, 13th December. However, the group of photos of the finished model(s) should be posted no later than 23:59 hours local on Monday, 14th December.
I realise that there can be last minute tasks that can take time, and delay possible completion by the deadline. However, the GB has run for four months, plus an extra two weeks, and it will be unfair to others to carry on extending, and, as has been pointed out, further extensions can, and would, disrupt the ongoing timetable of GB's. Those models posted as 'Finished' which are not 100% complete, but more than at least 75% complete, will be judged taking into account such things as a missing decal, (where the item is awaiting receipt, for example), and similar, as long as such deficiences are notified in the post accompanying the submission of the finished photos.
Those models submitted which are less than 75% complete, will be accepted in order to gain the GB icon, but can not be scored to the point of being awraded a First, Second or Third placing.

Let's say 23:59 hours local on Sunday, 13th December. However, the group of photos of the finished model(s) should be posted no later than 23:59 hours local on Monday, 14th December.
I realise that there can be last minute tasks that can take time, and delay possible completion by the deadline. However, the GB has run for four months, plus an extra two weeks, and it will be unfair to others to carry on extending, and, as has been pointed out, further extensions can, and would, disrupt the ongoing timetable of GB's. Those models posted as 'Finished' which are not 100% complete, but more than at least 75% complete, will be judged taking into account such things as a missing decal, (where the item is awaiting receipt, for example), and similar, as long as such deficiences are notified in the post accompanying the submission of the finished photos.
Those models submitted which are less than 75% complete, will be accepted in order to gain the GB icon, but can not be scored to the point of being awraded a First, Second or Third placing.

Thanks Terry. I wasn't looking for another extension. Just wanted to know what the deadline time was. :)
The extra day on the pics gives me a little wiggle room on letting the gloss coats dry. :) Thanks again for clarifying.

I suppose by local time that means the time zone of the builder?

No problem Dwight. Yes, the time zone of the builder. Otherwise, trying to juggle time zones with judges in Europe, the USA and Upside Down Land will get confusing - and I'm easily confused!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back