My Chino 2015 photo's.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

syscom3

Pacific Historian
Jun 4, 2005
Orange County, CA
I'm just beginning to go through all my pictures. But I just want to share this one to start things off.

The museums P38 coming through a loop.

270mm, ISO800, F11, 1/1600 second

aDSC_0205.JPG

Nice one. Just a question though: why chose ISO800 on a bright, sunny day?

I usually set my camera on A priority (F11) and found that with auto-ISO, the shutter speeds were too fast (so I missed shots) for when I was shooting the sky nearing the sun. So I set the ISO to 800 and the camera seemed to like it. I would have gone down lower but I didnt want the shutter speeds to drop too low to where I might get blurred pictures.

I also noticed that the lower the ISO, the bluer the sky became.

Thanks for the explanation on the ISO. I'm far from being a good photographer but I tend to like getting my props to blur a bit which means shooting down to 1/250 ish. The downside is that the risk of camera shale also goes up.

Thanks for the explanation on the ISO. I'm far from being a good photographer but I tend to like getting my props to blur a bit which means shooting down to 1/250 ish. The downside is that the risk of camera shale also goes up.

Just remember that at 200mph, the subject is traveling at 300/ft a second. You need to get things down to a millisecond or less to minimize airframe blur.

Disclaimer and warning! If anyone is offended by the flag of the United Sates of America; don't look! Just go away! (I've always wanted to say that to eternally offended politically correct wimps.)

I was trying some artistry by getting the aircraft bracketed by the US flags. Sometimes it worked. Most of the time it didnt.

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0202.JPG

DSC_0209.JPG

DSC_0212.JPG

DSC_0248.JPG

Disclaimer and warning! If anyone is offended by the flag of the United Sates of America; don't look! Just go away! (I've always wanted to say that to eternally offended politically correct wimps.)

DSC_0306.JPG

DSC_0332.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

DSC_0362.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0212.JPG
    DSC_0212.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back