my dads bomber group (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pcmc

Recruit
Jan 20, 2008
hello all im new to this forum and Ineed help
my father recently passeed away. he was a member of the ninth airforce in world war 2 . he had told me that he was a waist gunner on a B17 if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated

must of been early 9th AF as they flew twin engines only besides fighters.

42 early 43 then before shipping the big 4 engines to other AF's

what kind of information do you need, I have his discharge papers, he did tell me that he was in france, one of the cities in france was vilacoublay, I dont remember the second city. if I can find anything in his belongings I will let you know.

How about a name? You sure didn't give us much info.

BTW, welcome to the site and I'm sorry for your recent loss.

To: PCMC, Hi ...Waist gunner of B-17? It's interesting to me,
Could you tell me your father's service period in 9th Air Force?

september 44 to november of 46 he was stationed in orlay france and villacoublay I will try and post some pictures I also have a list of names of people he was with let me know if you want me to post the names

Well, when you post a message, go to mode advanced first. Then go down the page and a white button will say manage attachments. Click on it, and it will pop up. Sometimes if you have a popup blocker it could cause trouble but hopefully not.

When's it's popped up, click browse, and then it will pop up a list of your files on your computer. click on the one you want, then say upload, then post.

If it's on the internet, click on the little box with a green mountain on it, above the normal posting box. It will open, then type in the address of the picture, not the site the picture is on, but the picture itself. Then bingo, hopefully it will work.

here are some pictures of when he was in france
first on is a bombed out hanger in villacoubly france there are the remains of a few fw 190 Chadbourne pics.jpg

Attachments

• Chadbourne pics.jpg
    Chadbourne pics.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 61
here is a list of names of men that were with my father.

David Ddanehower
Arnold Dahlman ( father has one of his dog tags )
Dick Pleck
Charlie Dawson
Wally Darcsh
Allan Beavers
Jim Boblins
Pinky Wilson
Frank White
Bill Denton
Bill Clones or Dones
these are all the names I have.

here are some names of men that were with my father during the war.
Danny Danehower
Arnold Dahlman ser# 39752092
Charlie Dawson
Dick Pleck
Charlie Bumgarder
Wally Darcsh
if anyone out there knows of any of thes men I would really like to talk to any of them and your help would be greatly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back