My First Attempt at Armour, The Panther Panzer KampfwagenV Ausf A....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My son Ryan was kind enough to get me this model for Xmas... Ive never done a Tank before, even in my youth....

Anyone do this kit yet??? It is a Tamiya 1:35 Series 65....

800px-1panther_yb_Giovanni_Paulli.jpg

Attachments

• Tank 001.jpg
    Tank 001.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 487
  • Tank 002.jpg
    Tank 002.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 511
my gosh Dan I think my folks gave me that as a kid before I had to leave the states for other duties as a Christmas present...........maybe you got the same kit as the one I got ? half seriously I never did build it let alone take it apart from the plastic sprues .............. uh oh the Sphere is starting to shift.....hang on !

That will be an interesting build for you, Dan..... good luck and keep us
informed. I've never done anything but airplanes.....

Charles

Attachments

• zimmerit.png
    zimmerit.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 2,902
  • tam35187.jpg
    tam35187.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 407
  • StuG_III_G_2_sk.jpg
    StuG_III_G_2_sk.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 400
  • PanzerV_Ausf_G_1_sk.jpg
    PanzerV_Ausf_G_1_sk.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 455
Good shots TT.

Look foward to your Progress!

I got 2 1/35 Tiger Is to start one with complete interior :shock: Im in for a big build.

Well well well, I can help you there! Let me just re-upload the pic so it's not massive.

Here it is! If you'd like, I can take it off the diorama and take more pics of it, but I basically sprayed it all white, but a little high up, so you can see some of the dunkelgelb through it.

2007_0716Florida070003.jpg

another thought bud is too do a Normandie theme or Ardenne theme with the Panther covered in trees and brush ?

would be cool looking

E ~

I agree with you Erich. I always look in my books (still in Sweden) for ideas to builds and dioramas (in the future), and the camouflaged tanks looks way more interesting than those without. Looking forward to your build Les!

This would look awesome in model...
163254814570.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back