My Hawkins Texas project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
In the do-nothing piss ant town of Hawkins, Texas (population 1300) there has been an oil refinery here for 60 years. My company won the contract to expand the refinery and modernize the existing machinery.

So we are building the new part from scratch and I'm doing all the onsite I.T. work; servers, routers, switches, core, some of the telecom stuff, pc support, etc for about 100 people for two years.

When I was creating the queues for the printers and copiers, the I.T. manager said to come up with something creative for the printer names, so they are as follows:

Corsair
Mustang
Lightning
Spitfire
Hurricane
Thunderbolt
Warhawk
Wildcat

Hey, ya gotta have a little fun......

Brilliant idea !.:thumbleft:

You could sooo go town on this, naming other parts of the infrastructure.... naming the printers after the 'planes, the routers after the pilots, the servers after the airfields.

I can just imagine a telephone call to IT support...."Hello... Ops ?...yeah this is engineering, Buds (catering...geddit ?) 'Old Crow' has gone T*ts up, we need to fire up 'Slender Tender and Tall's (that'll be the secretarys !) and bring it online pronto. Oh and while you're at it, 'Diamond Lil' needs to be bombed up with some more toner before moving to Hickham".:computer:

I'll get me coat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back