My Very First Plane Model I Have Ever Built.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
Well, it's not perfect, but it is what it is. I did my best with limited knowledge and no experience. I have never built a model plane until now. Prior to that I built one model car 15 years ago. So basically this is the second model I have ever made. Yes it has many flaws. It is a cheap Lindberg A6M2 Zero. It was also the first thing I have ever airbrushed in my life. The decals are not from the kit but from Techmod. It's supposed to look like Konoike Kokutai's Zero. The bottom is also decaled and will post further pics if you want to see them. I shot the below pic just after applying the decals.

I am currently working on a 1:72 P-51, that already looks much better then this one.

Decaled z.jpg

I did my best. I took my time read a few tips on here and looked at a few youtube videos. The kit is real cheaply made. I had to glue two of the blades back on during the build. Right out of the box a blade was bent and when I barely touched it, it broke off. The left side landing gear snapped off when the plane slipped out of my hands and into my lap so it took bracing for a day to fix what I broke.

Here is the second model I am now working on. A 1:72 Mustang made by Hobby Boss. It's easy to put together, but has decent detail and the plastic is much thicker. I did a different paint scheme and I am making it a Blue nosed Bastard of Bodney.

I'm just waiting for the decals to come in the mail.

Bl Stang72.jpg

Nice one SC and you might be surprised to know that most of us have little problems with the OOB kits, broken or missing bits and never a model is built without something breaking or being misaligned, so we all know what it feels like.

So what's next on your list and are you having fun?

Thanks for the comments everyone. I am currently painting a P-47 Razorback. It will look like the bottom left one...

47-172.jpg

Nicely done, especially for a first attempt. Next step - join in on a Group Build, it'll give you incentive and a direction to aim for, and you'll get help along the way if you need it. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

[SC] Arachnicus;902317 said:
Well, it's not perfect, but it is what it is. I did my best with limited knowledge and no experience. I have never built a model plane until now. Prior to that I built one model car 15 years ago. So basically this is the second model I have ever made. Yes it has many flaws. It is a cheap Lindberg A6M2 Zero. It was also the first thing I have ever airbrushed in my life. The decals are not from the kit but from Techmod. It's supposed to look like Konoike Kokutai's Zero. The bottom is also decaled and will post further pics if you want to see them. I shot the below pic just after applying the decals.

I am currently working on a 1:72 P-51, that already looks much better then this one.

View attachment 202203

Ahoy
For your first build you done a magnificent job, My first build when i weas kid was a hunk pf plastic full of glue marks and finger prints and no airbrush or spray can you done the old lindberg kit justice HARDY WELL DONE.

boats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back