My WW2 photos/Vids album (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Smokey Stover

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Warwickshire
68da1116dbd1711563f102dc235a8876.jpg

2559-24.jpg

Bristol Beaufigter. I believe Port Morsbey Australia. A lot of beau's were very popular in the PTO's and with two reliable bristol hercules radials and an armament of x4 20mm cannon and x8 .303 machine guns i sometimes feel the beau was overshadowed slightly by its Mosquito brethren. Pilot reports i have read are very favourable and most beau pilots have fond memories of this multi purpose fast bomber/heavy fighter. One interesting interview i seen told how an ex beau pilot tried a prototype RR Merlin powered beau. But apparently this ruined the flight characteristics and only one was ever converted but never flown in combat.

View: https://youtu.be/yzKl6HKLpCE

In the end it came down to this. The Germans could try to run, but with so many allied aircraft patrolling the skies with total impunity they had nowhere to hide. Moving armor by night was slow and problematic. By day it was virtual suicide. The heavy panzers were meat and veg to allied fighter bombers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back