N1K2 Pilot's Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rojan

Recruit
Apr 4, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am new to this website and have hit a bit of a roadblock in my research on the N1K2J Shiden-Kai. I have been contacting various museums and such to try and get some type of data on the George regarding its flight characteristics. I've kind of come to the conclusion that the only way I'm going to do this is by finding a Pilot's Manual that has some of this stuff detailed out, but I cannot find one at all. Even if it's in Japanese that is fine, but could anyone lend me a hand out here and maybe guide me in the right direction? The only thing left I can think of doing is calling Kawanishi (now some other company, the name eludes me at the moment), and I don't even know if they'll have any information to help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Rojan

Not a manual, and only applies to a captured N1K1, but...it's something.

N1K1-J Shiden, J2M Raiden SuiSen Performance Data

The only other decent source is "Genda's Blade". Apparently, it was sensitive in pitch and tended to stall easily. I take this to mean that it was probably slightly tail heavy. The wing was of the "laminar flow" type.
Otherwise, stability was good. I have a ton of other stuff, but you'd have to be more specific in exactly what you are looking for, as I can't post all of it.

Thanks for the help guys, but this is actually a manual for the ground crews in 1944 on how to maintain and assemble/disassemble the plane itself.

If you should be interested in the performances of the combat flap, test report taken place on N1K1 by Kugisho in December 1942 is available at JACAR.
Reference Code: A03032133000

Hello, Shinpachi,
May I politely request that you shed some more light on the Japanes usage of 'butterfly' flaps on their aircraft, hopefully in a sparate thread?

Hello, Shinpachi,
May I politely request that you shed some more light on the Japanes usage of 'butterfly' flaps on their aircraft, hopefully in a sparate thread?

Not now but may be in the future.
Thanks for your request anyway, tomo pauk :)

The report says the diameters for turn and loop was reduced to 60-70% with little speed loss.

Okay, thanks :) Anytime you ready, I'll read it with interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back