Nakajima Ha[45]-41 NK9A Engine

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

krieghund

Senior Airman
Sep 25, 2006
Riyadh
I was doing some research into the Ki-44-III and ran across these specs for the Ha[45]41 NK9A of the Shoki 3 fighter. There seems to be only about a half dozen Ki-44-III made but with this engine's power output it must have been hot. This engine is also referred to as the Homare 10. I am wondering with these numbers why is the Homare 11 of the N1K1-J and Ki-84 is so much less in performance and why the Homare 10 was not used. Of course I suspect these numbers are not accurate. Does anyone have any information on this engine or can shed some light on this.

Attachments

• NK9A.jpg
    NK9A.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 389
My info on the Homare 21 has it a 1940 cu. in. 18 cylinder radial with 1970 take-off HP. tapering off to 1000 HP at 22,000 feet. Sorry, no gen on the Homare 10.

Interesting thread, krieghund.
Where did you know Homare 10 for Ha-145?
As long as I know, the army Ha-145 was equivalent to the navy Homare 40s with 2-stage 3-speed supercharger.

Ha-45-41 was an integrated designation for Homare 41.

Last edited:
A while back I got a spreadsheet from the Biglobe website of a guy who had all kinds of aerodynamic materials on it and one was engines of the Japanese navy army. His name was ながもり

His site has been down now for a few years. This is an excerpt of the Ha145 engine.

Attachments

• Ha145.jpg
    Ha145.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 352
Thank you very much for your kind information, krieghund.
Nagamori-san is unknown to me regretly.

BTW, the official integrated designation for the Ha-145 was Ha-45-43.
You may think it equivalent to Homare 43.

Ok thanks. Any luck moving forward with the A6M8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back