Nascar, NFL, MLB and NHL.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Thought that you "Yanks" could educate me in these sports. Which is "your" team, why is it so, for how long has it been that, which is your alltime favorite player, coach, the game that you'll never forget....and of course the WHY again! :lol:

As for NASCAR, I much prefer the "darkside" of the sport, 1948-72. Then you had the likes of Fred Lorenzen, "Tiny" Lund, "Fireball" Roberts, Curtis Turner, "Junior" Johnson and the likes....men of steal, driving in their best going to Church on Sunday shirts etc..

As you all know, I'm MOPAR freak, so I support any driver in a MOPAR! As Johnson once said when Chrysler had their Hemis....."if you can't beat them, join them" or another from an unknown sorce..."if you can't beat them, outlaw them!" :lol:

And being here long enough I'm ready to be ridiculed for "my" teams....

NHL: Boston Bruins
MLB: Los Angeles Dodgers
NFL: Minnesota Vikings

And knowing how much you all enjoy throwing rotten eggs, tomatoes, salads in my direction, I will now take cover to proudly and bravely wait for the assault!:lol:

Thought that you "Yanks" could educate me in these sports. Which is "your" team, why is it so, for how long has it been that, which is your alltime favorite player, coach, the game that you'll never forget....and of course the WHY again! :lol:

As for NASCAR, I much prefer the "darkside" of the sport, 1948-72. Then you had the likes of Fred Lorenzen, "Tiny" Lund, "Fireball" Roberts, Curtis Turner, "Junior" Johnson and the likes....men of steal, driving in their best going to Church on Sunday shirts etc..

As you all know, I'm MOPAR freak, so I support any driver in a MOPAR! As Johnson once said when Chrysler had their Hemis....."if you can't beat them, join them" or another from an unknown sorce..."if you can't beat them, outlaw them!" :lol:

And being here long enough I'm ready to be ridiculed for "my" teams....

NHL: Boston Bruins
MLB: Los Angeles Dodgers
NFL: Minnesota Vikings

And knowing how much you all enjoy throwing rotten eggs, tomatoes, salads in my direction, I will now take cover to proudly and bravely wait for the assault!:lol:
I'll back you with the Bruins it's been my team since 64

NFL - San Francisco 49ers
49ers.jpg

Been my favorite team since I knew what football was. I grew up watching the greatest QB and WR, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. The Niners have a rich and great history and until this year were tied for the most Super Bowl wins.

I stick with them through thick and thing, good times and bad times, for richer and poorer (sort of like a marriage :lol:). I do not care how many games they win, they are my team!

NHL - Pittsburgh Penguins
PITTSBURGH_PENGUINS_LOGO.jpg

Pretty much the same story as above. I got into the NHL because of Mario Lemiux. He played for Pittsburgh and now the rest is history. I would never think of being a fan of any other team.

I do not like MLB, NBA or Nascar, so I have no teams to like in that area. I do however tend to root for the Arizona Diamondbacks of the MLB, only because they are named after a snake! :lol:

NBA - Lakers. Always have loved them, always will.
NFL - Steelers or 49ers or any team playing the Cowfags.
NHL - Stars. I didn't care about hockey until they moved to Dallas about 15 years ago from Minnesota.
MLB and NASCAR - who gives a crap. I'd rather have a head cold than watch baseball.

For me it's been the Vikings for as long as I can remember, don't know why, same with the LA Dodgers. Btw, didn't they use to be Brooklyn Dodgers or something? As for the NHL and Bruins, that's because I enjoyed watching the Swedes play, Pelle Lindbergh, Kent "The Magic man" Nilsson and others....
NASCAR, that's because back in the day '48-'72 it was real cars and no.....well, cheating. Hemi's, 427's, 409's etc....good ol iron!

NFL-Pittsburgh Steelers and the Eagles(favorite player Jerome Bettis and Brian Dawkins).
MLB-Bosten Red Sox(Ted Williams).
Nascar-Jeff Gordon.

As for the NHL and Bruins, that's because I enjoyed watching the Swedes play, Pelle Lindbergh, Kent "The Magic man" Nilsson and others....
!

Jan the Bruins never favoured Swedish players to due the style they are noted for playing , the only Swede they have at this time is Axelson, but they are one of the fav's for the Cup, if I was to choose a team that has managed well with Swede's it's Detroit and they are the favourite again
Holmstrom,Lidstrom, Franzen, and others

For me, my favorite sport and team is NFL, and the 49ers. Been a fan ever since the 80's with Joe Montana. Chris is right, the last 10 years has not been easy.

I work in the racing industry, so it is hard not to follow some of the Pros.
NASCAR-Tony Stewart-made his share of mistakes over the years, but I feel he is a true racer. He just wants to drive, and his blatantly honest at times, but Sterling Marlin is my all time favorite, and Richard Petty. Cannot be a Mopar man and not like Petty. Goes against everything Mopar.
NHRA-John Force and Don Garlits have always been favorites. Also Darrel Alderman in the Pro stock class.
Don't really follow NBA or MLB, but root for the Mets because they are not the Yankees.

Attachments

• l3414375e0000_1_10712.jpg
    l3414375e0000_1_10712.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 223
Go Boston Red Sox...MLB

Go Boston Bruins...NHL

Go New Orleans Saints...NFL

Luved 80's NASCAR (Awesome Bill Elliott)....Now it's NA$CAM

Did I mention the BOSTON BRUINS.....

Jan, you love the Dodgers but don't know the history?? Shame!!!!
:):):)

AS if many didn't know, the team and sport I watch is NFL and the Philadelphia Eagles. Ever since about 6th grade when Harold Carmicheal came to visit my classroom and he was so polite. I joined the football team in HS and lettered as a wide reciever. Nothing spectacular. I have followed the Eagles for years, from Vermeil throuch Campbell and Buddy and now McReid. I'll never give up on them although I may buy stock in ant-acids!

The next team would be NHL and the Flyers. I can never forget as a kid when Clarke and Parent took them to the Cup twice in a row. Loved them since. Played hockey at their practice facility in Cherry Hill for a few years (I was goalie) but kinda left the game. I was playing in a club a 1/2 block from where Lindberg died the same night. Will never forget that. Still love Frosty, Flockie hockey and my favorite of all-time, Brad Marsh. He would sacrifice himself for the team. All without a helmet!! But still love the orange and black.

Really don't care about any other sports. Phillies are ok and have started being a fan again lately. The Sixers? Forget it! Not my game.

And just so there is no confusion, just because I live in New Jersey doesn't make me automatically a Devils or any other NJ team. Thats why my avatar says I'm from South Jersey. Down here its all Philly teams we root for. In the summer ita all red, in the fall its all green and in the winter black and orange. We couldn't care about what is happening to the north of Trenton. Timshatz could back me up on that. We're crazy!

For me, my favorite sport and team is NFL, and the 49ers. Been a fan ever since the 80's with Joe Montana. Chris is right, the last 10 years has not been easy.

I work in the racing industry, so it is hard not to follow some of the Pros.
NASCAR-Tony Stewart-made his share of mistakes over the years, but I feel he is a true racer. He just wants to drive, and his blatantly honest at times, but Sterling Marlin is my all time favorite, and Richard Petty. Cannot be a Mopar man and not like Petty. Goes against everything Mopar.
NHRA-John Force and Don Garlits have always been favorites. Also Darrel Alderman in the Pro stock class.
Don't really follow NBA or MLB, but root for the Mets because they are not the Yankees.
Mike Singletary may turn that team around.

I feel this way about hockey, basketball and football... and that includes
soccer. At least in baseball a man was never given a $5,000.00 bonus for
breaking a quarterback's leg !!!

Charles

I can't argue that but I'm curious what the black socks got for throwing the entire World Series.

Heck, we can talk all day about how one sport is dirtier than the other. They are all dirty. Baseball is in the forefront for the steroid talk, but you know dang well football has it also. Basketball has 60%-70% of it's players smoking pot.

As far as being athletic, baseball players (in general) are a bunch of half way in shape millionaires. They run to first base (90 feet) and they are huffing and puffing trying to catch their breath. In spring training, they can't wait until practice is over so they can go play golf. hahahaha.

Actually, I'm very jealous. I wish that was my "job"........playing baseball for work and golf for fun.

Mike Singletary may turn that team around.

I hope so Doughboy. He definitely has brought a new, more aggressive attitude to the team. It's been too long, I am ready for at least one season above the .500 mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back