Nearing completion: P-51D-5-NA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dec 3, 2008
I'm new to the forum, so thought some might like to see what I'm building right now.

packardpursuit - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Built using NAA parts and assembly drawings, I believe it's fairly accurate in outline and sections. Any goofs are my own. Glass and foam over wood frame.

Scale 60% of full size span is 22'-3" Model breaks down into separate components, as per real a/c.

It will soon be looking for a home.

charlie

That is NICE! And big! Got any news on colour scheme when finished?
As Muller said, it would look nice in my garden, but at approx. 20 ft (?) wingspan, I don't think it would fit!!
Looking forward to some updates, and welcome to the forum. The best bunch of guys I know are here!
Terry.
Edit:- Note to self - open your eyes Terry, the span is declared in the original post!!!

Sounds good, as long it IS green/OD !!!
Don't believe that about the blue, regardless of the ongoing debate, or argument, I checked this out when I worked for the 'Big Yellow Box', and there was no doubt, those upper colours were greens!!!
Looking forward to it mate!
Terry.

I too am of the British Dark Green over OD opinion, for lou IV

Model is nearing one year in the works. Actual contruction time is near 5 months full time. The model was originally intended for a museum , but circumstances being as they are, it is now mine and I will need to sell it, or put it to work.

I'm sure you'll find a good home for it somewhere in the world! Glad you agree about the greens, there're still people who are adamant about the blue!
Must have been frustrating, being let down like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back