Nearly on a Gurney (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pong

Staff Sergeant
Sep 2, 2007
Manila, Philippines
A few hours ago I had an encounter that nearly had me in a gurney headed for the emergency room.

Okay, here's what happened.

Me and a couple of my friends are playing a modified version of 'Hide and Seek' (Yes I still play this game, I often get bored of just playing video games and go out on the street) in which we hide our slippers instead of our whole body. (Which makes it even difficult)

Now, I'm rushing out to hide my own slipper, when I go out of my neighbor's house and all of a sudden I find myself lying on the asphalt street.

Apparently a motorcycle, which had a sidecar hitched to it and was transporting soft drinks, had hit me.

No, it's not "Life Flashing Before My Eyes Thing" but rather, a gaze up into the overcast sky and I got up. For a moment my knee hurts, and I found the guy asking if I was okay. I kept telling him, yes I was good.

Well, 60 seconds later the guy left and still asking me if I was good. I kept telling him I was.

Now, the reason I'm posting this is because I haven't told my good ole' parents, and only my best friend knows about this accident. The reason I didn't tell them is because I'd get trapped inside this house, and I wouldn't be able to get out.

Well my stupidity to run across the street and my timing nearly got me to a gurney, so I didn't blame the guy for nearly running me over.

Just to get this off my head.

-Arlo

Very lucky Arlo, it could have been a truck. In Britain, there used to be a road safety campaign, many years ago, that advised to "Look right, look left, then right again, before crossing the road" (we drive on the left), and I still do that today.

I've broken 12 different bones, 60 stitches, and dozens of sprains....not hit by a motorcycle. Glad your OK Arlo!

But last week my dad had a case he responded to in his town......a guy crossed the street got hit by one car.....went into the opposite traffic lane and the next cars tire ran over his head.....not very lucky.....

Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

Live and learn.

Glad to hear you're still with us.

Thanks, guys.

Thank god it wasn't one of those irritating macho motorcycles that zoom down the road at 50kph and loud; one kid riding his bicycle when he was hit by a motorcycle later that night that was traveling around 40kph down our street.

Well at least I survived two disasters that day: That typhoon and that motorcycle!

Sounds like you were lucky. Where did you hide that slipper?

I was holding on to it as I rushed across the street attempting to hide it, so I held on to all the way.

Close one Pong, glad you're ok though. Did the guy by chance give you a free drink................

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Why didn't I think of that? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back