Need 1/24 scale Focke Wulf insignia

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Slam

Airman 1st Class
Jun 13, 2014
Hello, folks - anyone got a spare set of decals from the old Airfix (or MPC) 1/24 FW190? I'm 90% of the way through a build of this flea-bearing varmint and need decals. I may even have some things I could trade for them!

TIA,

Simon

Last edited:
What do you need Simon? I have an ancient decal sheet from the Airfix 109E if that helps but I'd bet that they would disintegrate as soon as eye contact is made. Other than that, I have nothing in that size.

Thanks, gents. Andy, I need the wing crosses, top and bottom, swastikas and fuselage crosses, both sides. The FW is in Nowotny's markings so maybe 109E markings would be the right size. I don't mind working with old decals as long as they're not too yellowed. There's a trick for using old Airfix decals, too. Paint thinner removes the carrier, and if you're careful you can strip it right off the decal and leave the ink on the model.

Sorry I didn't get them out last night. Here you go. The crosses to the far left are 41mm and don't fret about how they look as they are behind wax paper and a plastic sleeve.

IMG_7619.JPG

Thanks, Andy. I'll see what size I need and get back to you. I could probably use some of those. Don't suppose there's a matching swastika somewhere?

And what am I doing here so early in the morning?

What's not to love!? Cognac, abuse, memorabilia...

Andy - model shows (plural)? I am planning to come down for the Sep 27 show and to drop off a Lancaster model in Nanton on the way. I am soooo looking forward to seeing more of your finished models. Very much hoping your latest 109 will be there.

I plan to be at the AMMS on the 27th Simon. I will bring my Dieterle 109 but doubt that Black 12 will be ready as the bathroom reno a tree cleanup is taking most of my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back