Need Advice on Next Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok thanks went to go post that i found it xD but you beat me to it

As Wurger pointed out, the St.G.1 'Diving Crow' emblem is seem on a Ju97B, you'd need to establish if the unit was in the theatre, with the 'D' variant, before adding to your model, and also identify specific code letters. I have a feeling they'd moved to the Eastern Front by the time they received the 'D', but would need to check, and can't do so at the moment. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Don't know how good this site is to use but i found the exact model. Ju 87 B-2 of 3./ StG 1 ,Libya 1941.(http://www.afwing.com/images/ju87/sideview/ns_ju88stuka004.jpg)
To be honest im not concerned so much as to the complete historical accuracy of this model, I had known that the plane i was looking to do was most likely not a D. I want to do this camo because i find this camo to be one of my person fav's and dont mind that its not the right model. But thanks for the help regardless, i wanted to make sure i got the squadron right so that at least on the surface it looks right. Now back to the paint, which ones would be proper from what i listed? I was thinking that as the base the desert yellow would be the better option
93 - Desert Yellow | Hornby America

While the Germans did set paint standards wide variations occured. The three color desert scheme was RLM 78 / 79 / 80. RLM 79 is termed sandgelb or sand yellow

Attachments

• df06_35.jpg
    df06_35.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 219
Colours you need to use : RLM79 Sandgelb for tops and RLM80 Olivegrun for these dark spots. , RLM65 Hellblau for undersides.

Comments to RLM-79: At the beginning of the war in Africa RLM-79 sand - brown was used. This paint was propably in Italian stocks. Later on RLM-79 sand - yellow was used, which was paler then sand - brown.

Last edited:
Ok sounds good guys I'll prob order all of the paints tonight. Also in terms of making the spots what methods do you guys use to paint somthing like that.
Really like that 109 looks awsome.
Also anyone know where they sell stg 1 decal sheets I found one for stg3 on amazon but no stg1

All my painting save for small parts is done with an airbrush. My choice is Testors Aztec model. replaceable nozzels control the spray width and density

Attachments

• TESNOZZLESSM.jpg
    TESNOZZLESSM.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 238
If you want you may try the Tamiya or Vallejo paints. I'm not sure why you stick to these acrylic ones. Mostly these are for airbrushing but can be applied with a brush too. However the final effect may be not as good as expected. I would suggest the ModelMaster paints, especially the Model Master II (Authentic) series. The colours are oil enamels ( like Humbrol ones ). Applying with a brush isn't a problem.

If you want you may try the Tamiya or Vallejo paints. I'm not sure why you stick to these acrylic ones. Mostly these are for airbrushing but can be applied with a brush too. However the final effect may be not as good as expected. I would suggest the ModelMaster paints, especially the Model Master II (Authentic) series. The colours are oil enamels ( like Humbrol ones ). Applying with a brush isn't a problem.
My buddy told me stick with acrylic, and I didn't really have a problem with them on the 109 except for the yellow

I see. Applying of the yellow, white and red is always a pain. I would suggest applying a gloss clear coat firstly or a light greay primer. You need to apply two thin layers of the yellow or these other ones for getting a good appearance of it. For that you should use "thicker" round or flat brush of soft bristle.

23218738.jpg
23219802.jpg

photo271_2.jpg

photo320.jpg

Last edited:
I see. Applying of the yellow, white and red is always a pain. I would suggest applying a gloss clear coat firstly or a light greay primer. You need to apply two thin layers of the yellow or these other ones for getting a good appearance of it. For that you should use "thicker" round or flat brush of soft bristle.
I primered my ju87's wings today with two dust coats of gray spray

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend was telling me that he has had bad experience with testors paints, are they good? Keep in mind i am brush painting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back