Need Advice on Next Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If brush painting, you'll get a much, much better finish with any enamel, compared to acrylics. The latter are fine for spraying, although personally I don't like them, but the brushed finish looks like it's been done with a trowel!
I've just bought my first jars of Testor's Model Master enamels, as Humbrol quality has degraded since the factory closed and, although I have yet to use them, from what I've seen, read, and heard about, the quality and ease of use is very good.
Have a look at the Brush Painting guide I posted some time ago, which may help you, although bear in mind this is aimed at enamels.

If you're still looking for the diving crow decals

111.JPG

Peddinghaus 1 48 German Luftwaffe Different Fighter Unit Markings NO 2 EP750 | eBay

Geo

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't know anything about Peddinghaus decals nor have I heard of anyone using them. For anyone looking for Luftwaffe markings, these guys make many different sheets for fighters and bombers.

Geo

If brush painting, you'll get a much, much better finish with any enamel, compared to acrylics. The latter are fine for spraying, although personally I don't like them, but the brushed finish looks like it's been done with a trowel!
I've just bought my first jars of Testor's Model Master enamels, as Humbrol quality has degraded since the factory closed and, although I have yet to use them, from what I've seen, read, and heard about, the quality and ease of use is very good.
Have a look at the Brush Painting guide I posted some time ago, which may help you, although bear in mind this is aimed at enamels.
Not really worried about the technique, i do brush paint fine when i dont rush it. You can note on my last model one of the wings looks pretty bad, whilst the other looks good. Thats because i rushed one side (poor decsion). But overall i found that the humbrol paints were great, only needed 2 coats and no brush strokes. Im more worried about the paint, since at the end of the day if the paint is bad it will be hard to make it look good.

What techniquees do you guys reccomend for drawing the pattern. I was thinking of drawing the pattern very light with a pencil and then painting over it.

My paints still haven't come in lol, ordered them all from Hornby hobby last week. All humbrol, also I bought a few more models for future. A p51 C 1:72 from academy models, and a King Tiger 1:76 from airfix.

Can't imagine a Konigstiger in 1:76. That would be very small. All my armour is in 1:35 except for a 1:16 Tiger. Three Konigstiger, Porche turret, production turret, and Jagdtiger

Attachments

• DCP_1499.JPG
    DCP_1499.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 186
  • DCP_1501.JPG
    DCP_1501.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 205
  • DCP_1503.JPG
    DCP_1503.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Mighty nice looking armor Mr. Wint. My only foray into treads is an 80% done M-48. There was a mis-shot on a drive sprocket and back then I didn't know how to correct it. Might have to dig it out and see if I can rectify it.

Geo

Started doing tanks long before aircraft. The M48 Patton was used quite a bit in Vietnam, but the M41 Walker Bulldog was a perfect fit for the small ARVN troopers

Attachments

• DCP_1487.JPG
    DCP_1487.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 192
  • DCP_1488.JPG
    DCP_1488.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Good stuff Mike. I've always thought the little Walker Bulldog was a good looking tank - if tanks can be 'good looking' that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back