Need Advice on Next Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can't imagine a Konigstiger in 1:76. That would be very small. All my armour is in 1:35 except for a 1:16 Tiger. Three Konigstiger, Porche turret, production turret, and Jagdtiger

What kind of paint do you use?

Can't imagine a Konigstiger in 1:76. That would be very small. All my armour is in 1:35 except for a 1:16 Tiger. Three Konigstiger, Porche turret, production turret, and Jagdtiger

I got a bunch of armor, all in 1/35, mostly German stuff. Starting with an A7V from WW1 then the PzKfw line, I, II, a couple of III's, then I got IV's out the wazzu, including C,D,E,F,G, a brumbar and a flakpanzer, Panther A, and G. Tiger A, F, and a King Tiger. American tanks include a Renault 1917, an early Stuart, an early Lee (Lulubelle, from the Humphrey Bogart movie, "Sahara") and a couple of Shermans.
I must congratulate you on the "Kaiser Bill" mustache that the commander of your Jagdpanzer wears!
Very cool!

Terry, thanks, the Walkers were tiny things, my 6'4"(3m) bod would never go all the way into one but the ARVN loved them. Got a pic of one of them on patrol in Saigon.
Ninja, the only paint I ever use is Acrylic and mostly Tamyia and Model Master. I do have a few enamels for small parts where I could not find an appropriate acrylic, e.g.: Rust, Jet Exhaust, Rubber, ect.

Attachments

• M41_of_South_Vietnamese_Army.jpg
    M41_of_South_Vietnamese_Army.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 209
Terry, thanks, the Walkers were tiny things, my 6'4"(3m) bod would never go all the way into one but the ARVN loved them. Got a pic of one of them on patrol in Saigon.
Ninja, the only paint I ever use is Acrylic and mostly Tamyia and Model Master. I do have a few enamels for small parts where I could not find an appropriate acrylic, e.g.: Rust, Jet Exhaust, Rubber, ect.
Yeah from my experience in painting ive found acrylics better for me

Since I paint indoors in a small work room the solvents in enamels/lacquers soon spread through the house plus you must use those same solvents to clean up.
Since my models are military and thus use flats acrylics are perfect for me. To quote Rick Nelson: "You can't please everyone so you got to please yourself"
some of my tanks and planes

Attachments

• DCP_1446R.jpg
    DCP_1446R.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 212
  • DCP_1448R.jpg
    DCP_1448R.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 223
  • DCP_1451R.jpg
    DCP_1451R.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 211
Thanks to all been building models for quite a while. Now that the kids are gone they actually no longer break themselves.
Fubar - third pic down at the very top is Vietnam machines. Not a pilot, but have spent lots of time in and hanging from Hueys, there's an Cobra, and a Skyraider, F-104 Starfighter, and an F-105 Thunderchief. As for tracks, the M113 was used like a Tank by ARVN forces who made lots of modifications to protect the machine gunner, M41 tanks, the M48 tank and M551 Sheridan. Some Deuce 1/2 trucks were fitted with Quad .50 mounts. Other than that I was in my leather APCs.
Bill, the back row are the Australian models so they have to be backwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back