need detail of outer wing gun panel, A5 VS A6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

husafreak

Recruit
May 21, 2012
Anyone have a picture of the panel under the outboard guns A6 VS A5 variant?

Hey first post here, awesome site! I am building a scale model of the Fw190 in 1/4.5 scale. It is a Petrausch RC model and it is pretty awesome. It is sold as the A5 version but the panel under the outboard wing mounted gun is flat. So I think it may actually be an A6. I know the panel on the A1-5 version with outboard machine guns has a huge bulge, so this is not represented. And I read that the A6 and later versions had a flat panel with ejector chutes for the same MG151 cannon as mounted inboard. I can't find any pictures (or good drawings) of this area, so I hope to find them here. Incidentally the panel on my model has screws all around the circumference, not quick removal latches. So maybe the aircraft modeled had its guns removed and a flat panel simply screwed on? Kind of finicky I know, but it is the only detail keeping me from choosing an appropriate color scheme as I get started. I got no response from Mr Petrausch but he may not read English so... thought you guys might know, thanks!

Actually the A-6 variant had different panels from the A1-5 because of different outerboard armament that consisted of 4xMauser MG151/20E 20mm cannons instead of 2xMG151/20E and 2xMG FF cannons. Also these bulged hatches for the wing-root cannons appeared with A-2 version. However these outer-wing MG FF cannons were removed for A-2 and A-3 very often. For the A-5 it was an alternate armament called Rustsatz.

The underwing hatch for the outer-wing MG FF cannon looked like the one in the pic below. It was quite flat with a small bulge on it. No bulged covering at the wing top.

190-3.jpg

The wing-root MG151/20 blister ....

detail_fw190a8_06.jpg

detail_fw190a8_08.jpg

detail_fw190a8_46.jpg

The underwing hatch for A-6 and later variants...

The starboard wing....
detail_fw190a8_22.jpg

The port wing...
detail_fw190a8_28.jpg

The A-5 bulged underwing hatch for outer-wing cannons....

fw190 underwing hatch.jpg

fw190 underwing hatch1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back