Need help 2 identify American Bi-Plane (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bigZ

Senior Airman
Jan 18, 2007
I will be amazed if you guys can help me.

I am looking for the identity of a prototype bi-plane constructed around about the WWI era.

I have no photos or even a book reference...

Its fuse was of monoque construction. It was built in America. But the thing that stood out about this plane was its camo scheme. Light blue overall with a diagonal rectangle pattern(rectangles in differnt colours).

I would be really grateful if you could help as I first saw this plane in a book in a libary over 20 years ago and its been eluding me ever since.

The book was on American prototype aircraft(published I guess in the 60's). It was pages where filled with 3 views approx 1:48. The pages were of a light blue colour throughout. If you cant identify the plane you may know the book.

They had some type of monocoque around for World War I. One of the most famous being the Roland C.II
LFGC2.jpg

There was also a French racing aircraft produced around 1911 I believe with a similar monocoque fuselage. Can't remember the name though... I'll look for your prototype.

What look. I had a look in the library in Christchurch and found the plane in Paul Matt Scale Airplane Drawings Vol 1.

Its the Berkmans Speed Scout 1918/19.

Just need to find some photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back