Need Help Identifying A Coin

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ccheese

Member In Perpetuity
Jul 10, 2007
Virginia Beach, Va.
To the lads who reside in the UK. I have a coin, very light gold color. On the face there is a image of Her
Majesty, The Queen [in her younger years] facing right. Around the face of the coin, of the left of the Queen's
profile, it says "DGREG-F-D1984". On the right side of the profile it says "ELIZABETHII.

On the obverse side of the coin it says "One Pound" and has a picture of a tree growing thru a crown.

The coin is thicker than a U.S. Nickle [5 Cent piece[, and on the edge is engraved a cross, then "NEMO
ME IMPUNE LACESSIT.

I have no clue where I got it or what it's worth in usd.

Help would be appreciated. My camera won't take a close up shot of it.

Thanks...

Charles

Last edited:
It should have a date on it
Also, if you drop it and it makes a deadened noise instead of a tinkle, it's a pound coin

Here are some coins that I scanned, they read (from left to right) England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales
Same for the second row, the two bottom ones I'm not sure

Edit: just had a closer look, the two bottom ones appear to be an amalgamation of all four

Attachments

• Pound coins.jpg
    Pound coins.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:
Thanks, Lads... The coin I have is in the second row down, third from left. I guess it was minted in 1984

Now, what do I do with it ? Anybody want it ??

Charles

Attachments

• Pound%20coins1.jpg
    Pound%20coins1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 312
Thanks, Lads... The coin I have is in the second row down, third from left. I guess it was minted in 1984

Now, what do I do with it ? Anybody want it ??

Charles

The latin motto NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT is the motto of the order of the thistle, it is actually thistles growing through a crown on your coin so you are proud owner of a Scottish pound, they are worth about 20cents in the US. Its actually worth about 1.5 US dollars enough for a game of pool lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back