Need Help with B29 Auxilary Power Unit (APU)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

two feathers

Recruit
Jul 6, 2012
Last week I bought a nice running 1942 B29 APU form an elderly gentleman. The generator was removed and misplaced years ago but it starts very easy using a pull rope. The original avaition spark plugs and shielded plug wires were also repalced by a previous owner with conventional ones. I would like to install correct military aviation spark plugs and wires. I see on Ebay there are many avaiaton spark plugs for sale but I need to know what style or part number is correct. Does anyone know what manufacturer and plug number is correct for my APU and where I might get them....as well as the correct plug wires? Where can I get a maintenamce/service manual for this unit?
Thanks for any help!!!
Tom Mickle

Last edited:
Tom, I cannot help here but I would take your E-mail address down along with your phone # for safeties sake. You can Private Message some one your address. It's a lot safer.
Just trying to help out. Cheers and welcome to the site sir. FlyboyJ will probably be along sometime soon. He is very knowledgeable about these things along with a few others here. You may have to give it a day or two but they'll be along.:cool:

Just don't leave it running in your B29 and try to fly! That's what burned the Greenland recovery B29 right up, the APU tipped over and burst into flames.

Just don't leave it running in your B29 and try to fly! That's what burned the Greenland recovery B29 right up, the APU tipped over and burst into flames.

Your advice came too late. Darn thing tipped over on its wheeled cart and my shed went up in flames. What is it with these APU's!!!!???!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back