NEED HELP: WWII German Artifacts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
A very good friend of mine had her uncle pass away recently at the age of 91. Since she is the only relative, she has been cleaning out the house and wot not. She has been coming across artifacts from WWII and has been enlisting my help (in addition she has been giving me the books about the war.) Anyhow, the funeral cost her a bit and she found a few items that she wants to sell. I told her not to do anything until I can get her some answers about what they are.

So here they are: What appears to be a German helmet and the knife and scabbard of a bayonet. I tried to take pics f markings, etc to help with ID. Her uncle was in the military and they belonged to a soldier that he killed - that is the story she was told.

Any help would be great!

band 005.jpg
band 006.jpg
band 007.jpg
band 008.jpg
band 012.jpg
band 001.jpg
band 003.jpg
band 004.jpg

LW helmet from any service branch even Feld-division, K98 bayonet needs help with a very used frog............ cannot tell but am assuming the later war wooden grips on the bayonet ?

Ok, I was wrong about the uncle. He is still alive but the aunt passed away and since the uncle can't take care of himself, my friend is getting him ready for assisted living. Meanwhile, I am going to meet with the uncle for lunch tomorrow!! Try to get some answers to the questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back