Need ID help with tanks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tieleader

Staff Sergeant
Feb 4, 2016
Hello. I've been given the honor of sorting through Jacques Littlefield's collection of literally thousands of photos during all his restoration projects over the years of his collecting these tanks. While I've been able to identify the vast majority of these AFVs there a few that still elude me as to their identity. If I send some jpegs along could someone here positively ID them so I can properly archive them?
Thanks for any help.

thanks all. I know this is really an AC site but I'm sure some of you branch out and I'm really stuck. Most are SPGs and are a mix of different countries and years.

Attachments

• img572.jpg
    img572.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 142
  • img573.jpg
    img573.jpg
    999.5 KB · Views: 144
  • img574.jpg
    img574.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 138
  • img578.jpg
    img578.jpg
    992 KB · Views: 133
  • img579.jpg
    img579.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 129
  • img571.jpg
    img571.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
  • img575.jpg
    img575.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 140
  • img576.jpg
    img576.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
  • img580.jpg
    img580.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 193
thanks all. I know this is really an AC site but I'm sure some of you branch out and I'm really stuck. Most are SPGs and are a mix of different countries and years.

The First one, I've seen this one in a YT video, A SPG, but was cancelled or changed to something else. might be an early war design.

Definitely not a Ferret, it's either a Humber or Daimler.
First vehicle looks like a Marder on the 38T chassis, or a derivative, and may be an ex-movie vehicle painted in German colours.

Picture #3 shows a Czech "Dana", a self-propelled armoured 152 mm howitzer on an Tatra 8x8 wheel chassis. Picture #1 is a puzzle. It most resembles a self-propelled chassis derived from a Panzer 38(t), like a Marder IIIM, but the road wheels look too small and the track return run shouldn't be almost horizontal, but sloping down to the rear. Also, the superstructure has a shape different from the photos I've seen. Maybe the German markings are fake for filming purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back