Need Pictures

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
As everyone knows who has read the threads, the "Day by Day" threads start with America's entry into the war on 7 December 1941. But that is over 2 years after the war started so for the last year or two I have been getting together some things to finish the thread. I will be starting in September of this year and it will be similar to the Battle of Britain thread which means I will be posting pictures from that particular day.

That is where I need help.

If anyone can supply me with pics and the dates of which they were taken along with a caption, it will be very much appreciated. I believe this forum has one of the most comprehensive Day by Day diary threads on the ETO, Pacific and BoB than anywhere on the 'Net and we need to add the first 2 years of the war. If you have some pics that you wouldn't mind me using, please email them to me at:

[email protected]

That is all and Good Night! :)

91040a.jpg

Hi Chris.
I wouldn't put my e-mail adres like that in a post here. that's asking for trouble, spammers and other scum. Maybe you could change it with at in between and omit the apetail?

But on topic, there is a nice website about the Dutch was in May 1940. I'll see if I can use some photo's from there and send it to you when I have time.

Ah I forgot, sorry about that. I also fixed an error. They are German paratroopers, not Dutch. The Dutch didn't have any paratroopers. Will see if I can find some pictures of Dutch troops trying to maintain the neutrality during 1939 an d early 1940. I thought I had a picture of Whitley that was shot down near Pernis in March 1940, but I don't seem to find it. I'll get back on that.

BTW, great initiative. Much appreciated and I will try and help as much as I can.

Edit found my scan and mailed it to you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back